Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Reading activities    

Reading activities

N.F.T
South Africa

Reading activities

Hi all:)  Happy Diwali to all Indian teachers and friends!

I �m wondering if any teachers out there have a few suggestions for activities with my students?

My advanced class (8 learners ranging between the ages of 16 and 33) is reading Matilda (Roald Dahl) and at the moment we �re tackling it chapter by chapter.

The activites and tasks I �ve had the students do along the way include keeping and updating a character sheet about the main character, Matilda; summarising the chapters as we go in various shapes and forms - sometimes a full paragraph, sometimes only a single sentence and the most recent task (we �re on chapter 3) had the students read chapter 3 (at home) and come up with 5 questions about everything we �ve read so far which will be a classroom activity come Monday.

Has anyone got any other interesting activities/tasks/games etc that I can tie in with this reading exercise?  We �re also covering the obvious discussions about the book and the characters and writing style etc as well as pronunciation when reading aloud. 

Would appreciate any ideas:)

Thanks in advance.

17 Oct 2009      

maayyaa
Slovenia

Hey,

I don �t know if this is helpful, but there �re some ideas about reading on the following site:
http://www.sanchezclass.com/home.htm

17 Oct 2009