Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What ´s wrong with my AVATAR?     

What ´s wrong with my AVATAR?

Jayho
Australia

So if you are serious then why aren �t you taking the advice that members have given you so many times before?

18 Oct 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

I wish you would read carfully instead of posting just to get away with what you want to make my post look like..:).

I said that I have already followed the advice given, I have always added these people to the ignore list.. the problem is they keep appearing and just attacking for the sake of it with no reason, nothing!

And if you have such a bad impression of me.. why don´t you just ´ignore´ me instead of trying to argue with me because you just DOn´t like my post and feel offended and just ignore the fact that I´m also a member of the community here, who contributes and spend some time trying to help in the reporting section and all I get are all people of you kind.... attacking me whatever I say.

ANd!

I hadn�t seen your question...But I didn�t change my avatar after I started the thread!

Ok, there I´ll go again, I´ll explain..:)
Read carefully!

:)

I changed my avatar yesterday and today I was commenting on the reporting section and I got a nasty, rude comment from Mr..dgdl... which had nothing to do with the report. And then I got a pm from someone else.. You should read exactly what I said at the beginning of the post! Why do I have to explain things over and over again when the point here is not this but the attacks I keep getting!... 

Enjoy your day! Thank you for helping NOT!

Best and warm regards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

18 Oct 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Well, enough of the broken record. I �m off now to enjoy my Sunday.

Here �s my parting words:

By Eleanor Roosevelt:

A mature person is one who does not think only in absolutes, who is able to be objective even when deeply stirred emotionally, who has learned that there is both good and bad in all people and all things, and who walks humbly and deals charitably

Cheers

Jayho

18 Oct 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Thank you!!

Such a lesson!!

Cheerz!!

18 Oct 2009     

mr.dgdln
Turkey

is forum your play ground? please find another one for you. as vertis said this is not the right place to catch attentions � of people. Please try it on a more informal site.

18 Oct 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

LOL Mr.dgdgll I guess you are the Vertis one! And creating fake profiles all the time!
You are sad!

YOU ACT LIKE A PURITAN FOR CERTAIN THINGS AND FOR OTHERS (LIKE STEALING) YOU LEAVE YOUR VALUES OUTISDE THE DOOR AND FORGET ABOUT THEM FOR A WHILE! 

LOL

PATHETIC!

18 Oct 2009     

Portugal

Dear Sam,
I �m posting here, because I don �t want to upset you with a pm. though I know this post will upset you too. But maybe, just maybe, it could enlighten you, so, this is my contribution and I hope it will make you think about what �s going on with you.

Listen, it seems you are dealing with a strong anger issue.

You don �t find anything in other people �s posts but more to feed that anger; this is quite obvious reading the way you responded to Jay ho.

It seems that the only type of response you want to get is "your avatar is fine", some shallow response about these messages being rude, or some of the kind. No other answer will be satisfying enough to you, except for the last 2.

You bring up this subject every now and then, and although Victor has suggested we shouldn�t bring private messages to the forum, you keep on doing this.

About your anger: I suggest you face the real issues that are causing it, instead of keeping deviating it from its real target. This won �t do you no good, this won �t help ypu out with your pain.

So, I suggest you seek some real sound advice, which you can �t find here. I �m talking about professional advice , and I really mean it, because I do think you suffer from some kind of, either a permanent or acute condition that you must tackle. And I �m quite serious about it.

I see you are a smart person and could try to deny or even minimize or descredit what I �m saying: this is part of your condition as it is obvious in the way you respond to people who don �t answer to you the way you are expecting; and that is because your posts show that you are unconsciously looking for people to reinforce your anger and this explains that you don �t respond harshly to people telling you "your avatar is ok" or "that is rude", as you respond to people who provide some sound, honest advice, such as Jayho did. In fact, the pattern of your responses to this category of messages is: either you ignore them or you respond unkindly.

People (both types I mentioned in my last paragraph) will end up ignoring you.

This is my last word on this subject: get help. You deserve it. I �m serious. I know that in your own mind, you will acknowledge my post. At least, I hope you do. For your own sake.
Take care.

edit: please, don�t send unpleasant p.ms; I won�t publish them at the forum; I�ll just delete them & I�ll click ignore user. As far as following my own advice, I did already. I went through the terrible loss of my first beloved son and believe me, I had to get professional help and I just faced it. Hopefully enough, I recovered easily, but I only stopped  when the doctor told me I was excused; I�ve been there last November, I intend to go there as many times as I feel necessary, because I�m still grieving and struggling. I owe it to myself and to my family. We deserve to keep strong and healthy, for ourselves and for the people we love. We have to be brave, even when we�re dealing with tremendous pressure. Life isn�t always easy and smooth, but we have to make our own way through it. I�ll let you have the last word.

18 Oct 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

@ Nikadixson...
I don �t need professional help, I guess you are trying to tell me I have a problem! And I �m sorry to dissapoint you but I don �t.

The fact that I can �t deal with wierdos, aggressive people who, out of the blue attack me, doesn �t mean I need professional help. And think whatever you like, that I �m denying something or whatever... I �m sure you have already made up your mind about me.. So I won �t try to change it as I don �t care what you think, and I �m certainly not interested in being your friend.
I made this public because I don �t feel like dealing with weirdos and unkind people in private.

Cheerz!

Sam

Just in case you delete your post, as you usually do, here it goes part it. Thank you for your advice..you shouls take your own advice.. I think you need help, because you keep throwing the stones in hidding your hand.

nikadixon
Portugal

I �m posting here, because I don �t want to upset you with a pm. though I know this post will upset you too. But maybe, just maybe, it could enlighten you, so, this is my contribution and I hope it will make you think about what �s going on with you.

Listen, it seems you are dealing with a strong anger issue.

You don �t find anything in other people �s posts but more to feed that anger; this is quite obvious reading the way you responded to Jay ho.

It seems that the only type of response you want to get is "your avatar is fine", some shallow response about these messages being rude, or some of the kind. No other answer will be satisfying enough to you, except for the last 2.

18 Oct 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3