Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > For Victor and moderators, I have a question.    

For Victor and moderators, I have a question.

eng789
Israel

For Victor and moderators, I have a question.

Do these buttons actually register my vote when I vote on a ws?  

Sometimes I just don �t have the time to write a comment.  

Maybe there could be a way for us to put a check mark next to the ws - like on e-mails and then hit the "should be deleted button" once for all the ones you �ve marked. 

Some wss don �t need comments because their violation is obvious.

I hate the way the page jumps back to the top every time I vote on a ws.  Sorry for complaining.

Have a great Thursday.
Barbara

22 Oct 2009      

libertybelle
United States

The buttons are the true voting tools.
I think the comment boxes are extra.
So just as long as you click on one of the icons,
your vote is registered.

22 Oct 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Barbara, I agree with you about the page jumping back to the top of the page after voting. I rarely go on the moderating page because of that. I wonder if there is anyway to avoid that. 

22 Oct 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

yes, this jumping back business is really unnerving,,, I wish something could be done about it!
It often prevents me from writing comments.

22 Oct 2009     

victor
Spain

What do you mean? When I vote, it opens a new window, it doesn �t jump to the top of the page.

22 Oct 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

when you have written a comment on, let �s say, the fifth reported worksheet from the bottom, you send off your comment and get back onto the page of reported worksheets.
But you don �t get back to where you commented, the fifth reported worksheet from the bottom, but you get back to the TOP of the list. So if you want to look at the last four reported worksheets on the list, you have to scroll all the way back down and find the one that´s next.
With the last five it �s not so difficult.
But when you write a comment about a worksheet that �s somewhere in the middle of the list you lose a bit of time when trying to get back to where you were and having a look at the following worksheets
(Did I make myself clear??)
love
Dorothea

22 Oct 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Yes, sometimes I don �t comment because I don �t have the time to look for the last ws I voted to continue the job. When we write a comment, it refreshes the page and we go to the top again.

Thanks in advance.

22 Oct 2009     

libertybelle
United States

When you "vote" to agree or disagree,- after receiving the thank you message
you pop back to the worksheet you voted for.
But when you write a comment and send it - you end back up at the top of the page.
Then you have to use a lot of time finding out how far down the list you got.

L

23 Oct 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Yes, it is true, Victor, this jumping back takes a lot of " a few more minutes". When there are lots of reported printables, with a slow net, it is really a big despair.
It seems that you have an easier way, hahah? Is it? Wink

Thanks a lot, Victor, your work is amazing, we should nominate you to a Nobel or to an Oscar. Which would you prefer?Hug
regards
linda

23 Oct 2009     

PsychoUvita
Peru

IDK

23 Oct 2009     

loyrob
Korea, South

Hello all,

I am not a moderator yet, but I do have some experience with computers. Can someone try to "right click" on the vote link and select "open in new page" or "open in new window"? I think this may solve your issue with jumping to the top. It should still register your vote and leave your original page intact.

I would test this theory myself but as I stated above, I am not a moderator yet.

Thanks, Joe

5 Nov 2009