Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Fear of or Fear from    

Fear of or Fear from

miss noor
Palestine

Fear of or Fear from

Hi,

Which sentence is correct ?

many people fear of the sea.

or

many people fear from the sea.

Regards,
Noor

28 Oct 2009      

libertybelle
United States

None are correct.

Many people fear the sea or
many people have a fear of the sea.

28 Oct 2009     

vickyvar
Greece

I would say: Many people are afraid of the sea. or Many people fear the sea. There is one expression that goes like this: They are in fear of an assault...

28 Oct 2009     

Portugal

Dear Miss Noor,

Let me tell you this.

You really need to improve your English; it �s quite obvious, watching the threads you start. You will have to find yourself a good Language Institute.

You really need to improve your skills on web searching to figure out those doubts you come up with.

No matter how helpful everybody has been, kind to you here, trying to help you out, you don �t seem to be improving. We just can �t provide for your needs. You will have to step forward for yourself, my dear.

You know, I read your questions and guess what. We have these sites where students ask us questions, there are some teachers assigned to answer a day a week and none of our students comes up with questions like yours.

Please, do something to improve your skills, including your study skills. There are so many resources I couldn �t even dream of some 30 y ago.  

Make your own way: you will feel more confident, more independent, more mature, and more proud of yourself, my dear.

I can help you privately in making some decisions on how to proceed & improve.

Move forward, will you?

My best wishes.  

idalina jorge (nikadixon)

28 Oct 2009     

miss noor
Palestine

Thanks a lot dear.

Bye
:))

28 Oct 2009     

Portugal

You �re welcome, dear Miss Noor. I hope you�ve read my pms carefully.
Take care.
ij

28 Oct 2009