Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Some suggestions for a new forum?    

Some suggestions for a new forum?

mena22
Portugal

We are indeed! I love your suggestions dear frenchfrog.

Have a nice day,
mena:))

30 Oct 2009     

victor
Spain

I �m not sure. I like the way it is now. Being able to see the first and last message in the front page (and the avatars of the users) gives me a "lively" sensation.
I think we need ways to avoid old post being lost. I suggest everybody to have a look at the "Hot topics" every day, to see if there are new answers to old posts.
Another idea that I have in mind is an automatic notification to the author of a post when someone sends a new answer.
The problem in this forum is that we know that if we answer an old post, nobody is going to read it.
There are forums where any old post can come to the first position again if there is a new answer, but then there is the problem that some users send answers just to bring their posts to the first positions again.

30 Oct 2009     

frenchfrog
France

The avatars could still be visible! You are right: they bring life to the site, YOUR site!

I would not like to be in your place, Victor! We are so demanding and it must be a very difficult job to please everybody! But you are doing great! Thumbs Up

30 Oct 2009     

Tere-arg
Argentina

It would help if something like the word new or  some kind of icon appeared every time there is a new post to an old entry.

Thanks so much Victor for all you do!!! Thumbs Up  Clap

30 Oct 2009     

s.lefevre
Brazil

The  idea of an automatic notification to the author of a post when someone sends a new answer sounds great to me. The users wouldn �t have to check the forum every ten minutes to see if there is an answer.It would be like the PMs. Great idea, Victor.

30 Oct 2009     

Zora
Canada

An automatic reply to the author is a very good idea, so is, perhaps, the system that allows old posts to jump to the front of the forum... but maybe it should be only threads that are 24 hours old?!

Anyways, I am fine with whatever... all changes are good - or at least interesting LOL

30 Oct 2009     

yetigumboots
Germany

I agree with anything that lets me follow a post without having to search for it.  I agree with Zora, changes are good........ Hugs Yeti x

30 Oct 2009     

Zora
Canada

I have a suggestion!

Can Victor �s posts to us be pinned at the beginning of the board and not come down until later or when he sees fit?? They tend to get lost when others post a new question or something...  I think it would be a good idea so that everybody can see your new ideas or rules. Smile

30 Oct 2009     

eng789
Israel

Thumbs Up  Hey guy,  were not getting older we �re getting better.  ClapSmile

30 Oct 2009     

victor
Spain

Zora, you are right. I �ll try...
Eng789, you are also right! LOL

30 Oct 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >