Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Just stumbled upon this...    

Just stumbled upon this...

Lana.
Ireland

Just stumbled upon this...

Just stumbled upon an interesting conversation...
Take a look people...

Never had a clue people called this a Mickey Mouse job...

31 Oct 2009      

mena22
Portugal

Me neither! Wink

31 Oct 2009     

eng789
Israel

You all know -  Those who can - do
                        Those who can �t -  teach.

This is my version -

Those who can - teach 
Those who can �t - don �t/shouldn �t and they should let the ones that can - do their jobs with                                    respect and recognition for their hard work.

31 Oct 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

hear, hear... agreed with eng789...
Btw, yesterday a TV-station in my country was showing that Schwarzenegger comedy The Kindergarten Cop, and there �s this really funny scene when he has to go undercover, instead of his lady partner, and work as a teacher with 6-year-olds. He dresses nice but leaves a gun under his coat and his partner tells him he should lose the gun. He agrees, and when she asks him if he �ll be OK, he says: �They �re 6-year-olds!!! How much trouble can they be??!!? � So she says: �Perhaps you better take the gun with you. � Anyway, after his first day of teaching, that big hunk of muscle comes home and falls on the bed lifeless, and at the end of his 2nd day, he complains to his partner: �They push me around. They walk all over me. � She asks: �Who? � �The kids. �
Just a comedy, I know, but I often remember that scene when someone calls teaching �just playing all day with the kids �.

31 Oct 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Anita,
HAHA. That �s a very funny scene. "It �s not a tumor" LOL

31 Oct 2009     

joy2bill
Australia

What am I doing wrong? I have been teaching for many years and it consumes my every day. I spend hours preparing and creating. Why have I never yet discovered the secret of just walking in, teaching and then going home with many hours of the day left to fill in?

Why am I up in the middle of the night on this website?
Well, guess what! I wouldn �t have it any way. I believe that teaching takes sacrifice and only the best can do it well. (and the best are on this site). Why don �t the non-dedicated go get another job and stop mudding the waters for the real teachers?

It is not a "Mickey Mouse" job...but it is poorly paid, that is for sure.

Anyway that is my tuppence worth at 4:00 in the morning!

31 Oct 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

One of my sts has recently asked me why I do this job when it �s not that well-paid at all, and when I told her I don �t do it for the money, she said: �But you �re such a good teacher! � I said �thanks � and asked her: �Do you think I would be a good teacher if I only did it for the money? � Made her think long and hard (12-year-old, wise girl) and she said � Now I know why some of my teachers are not good at it. � I mean, who ever heard of working as a teacher to make a lot of money!?!? There are jobs you are born into or not. I �m happy I found work on a job I feel born into. Yes, it would be great to also be rich, but there is rich in money and then there is rich in soul. Not really sure we can have it all.

31 Oct 2009