Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > THANKSGIVING HISTORY VIDEO    

THANKSGIVING HISTORY VIDEO

lomasbello
Venezuela

THANKSGIVING HISTORY VIDEO

A great video  to teach students the thanksgiving history and develop their listening and speaking skills. It is a great resource to make them speak as much as possible.

http://www.history.com/content/thanksgiving/thanksgiving-videos

1 Nov 2009      

mrmatura
Poland

Thank you very much for pasting the link here! Not everyone has time to browse websites all day long to find something really useful. The Internet is full of rubbish and thanks to you we find what really counts!!! Greetings from Poland!

1 Nov 2009     

mariannina
Italy

Thank you very much, it �s useful indeed!
Mrmatura what a pleasure to see you again! How are you? What about new drawings of yours?
Ciao

1 Nov 2009     

lomasbello
Venezuela

Welcome and prego to mariannina!!

Huggies from Venezuela

1 Nov 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Thanks! This is great but maybe you should add that it is the American Thanksgiving holiday. Korea has one and it is called Chuseok.

1 Nov 2009     

mariannina
Italy

Grazie Thumbs Up
Hi Spagman, it would be interesting to know how they celebrate Thanksgiving in Korea. Do you have any pictures of an experience of yours?
Thank you and ciao.

1 Nov 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Maria,
When I was there they had a family dinner and then played a traditional game called Yut Nori. It is played with four sticks and you throw them up in the air to see how far you can move around the board.  If I remember rightly, a traditonal dish at this time is pajeon, which is a kind of pancake that contains veggies and some seafood.  I �ve been gone from Korea for over 4 years so I am getting some brain fog. lol
This is a little bit about it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuseok

1 Nov 2009     

mariannina
Italy

Ciao, yes, I �ve already visited the link you provided, now I � going to google each word you have written. Harvest rites are spread all over the world and they are very interesting!
Thank you again.
Ciao

1 Nov 2009     

eng789
Israel

Thanks for the interesting sites. 

1 Nov 2009