Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > strange invitation...    

strange invitation...

Damielle
Argentina

I haven �t received any invitation. It seems he is not a fan of my worksheets!!!Confused

2 Nov 2009     

_babz
Canada

i think it �s kind of pathetic....if that site is half as good as this one...then it doesn´t need to invite eslprintable members..

i don �t like the fact that some members from this site are inviting us to join a �similar � site...

seems down right sneaky!

and worst of all, I now worry that some of my work will find it �s way on that other site.....

let´s just hope that have moderators too? Confused

2 Nov 2009     

lolelozano
Argentina

I also received the same invitation, but I haven�t checked the site.

2 Nov 2009     

Mishuna
Argentina

I also received it! I think he started with countries with A. Tomorrow will be the day for Brazil and so on...LOL

2 Nov 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

I haven �t received anything yet... :-) He hasn �t reached C yet... :-D
I think he mentioned once he doesn �t like the obligation of uploading, so he decided to share his works for free on a new website...
I suppose his website might be a good source for beginner contributors, they can download few wss and see the design and content of a EFL worksheet... good for inspiration...

Btw, someone else was asked NOT to advertise his website on forum a few hours ago...
Maybe that �s the reason why he sends private messages instead of advertising at forum...
I suppose he means no harm...
If you don �t like the idea of free access to your wss, ignore the invitation...

2 Nov 2009     

alien boy
Japan

If you are going to register & upload things to that site please remember to read the �Terms of Use � carefully (http://islcollective.com/Terms_of_Use) . I would pay particular attention to points 4 & 7, myself.

Regards,
AB

2 Nov 2009     

Mishuna
Argentina

Tricky!

2 Nov 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Hmmm.......... Geek
I have not received such invitation but I think I don �t really want to.. Approve
I think, even though there is nothing wrong in people having their own website (I have one myself, although I don �t advertise it here..)
I have the feeling that people who register in this site, �agree � to give the �owner � of the site the �right � to re-distribute their works in any way HE wants!

Which is completely different from this site. Still I sometimes think �some � might be making money with our hard work!.

License Grant to ISLCollective
Unless otherwise agreed to in a separate written agreement between You and ISLCollective that was signed by an authorized representative of ISLCollective:By distributing or disseminating User Content through the Site, You hereby grant to ISLCollective a worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, assignable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, license to host, transfer, display, perform, reproduce, distribute, compress or convert for distribution, and otherwise exploit Your User Content, in any media formats and through any media channels, solely in order to publish and promote such User Content in connection with services offered or to be offered by ISLCollective. Such license will apply to any form, media, or technology now known or hereafter developed.

Shocked

2 Nov 2009     

Kisdobos
Hungary

Dear All,

My apologies to anyone that my invite offended! I �m sorry that I copypasted for the invites, bad idea. I �m writing to try to clear up some things in this post.

I �ve been a member here for a year, and I �m enjoying to be a part of this community a lot. I am also glad that so many people here have taken and used my work that I uploaded.

I started my website, islcollective.com, out of good intentions to benefit those teachers out there (beginners especially) who can �t access ESLPrintables at the skill level they are at. I �d like these people to benefit from community teaching resources, also.�

Having launched a month ago, I pay for the website out of my pocket, and hope that advertisements and donations will help me sustain it in the long run. I �m definitely not planning to sell or redistribute the uploaded worksheets. Anybody who have uploaded can see that you can set by way of Creative Commons licenses whether you allow commercial uses by anyone or not. This project reflects my zero experience with a file sharing �endeavour and also my limited time. Our Terms of Use is a product of me adapting hastily and without too much thought a terms of use template used by a lot of file sharing websites. I will get that part out tomorrow to dispel the false impression that my negligence created. ISLCollective was set up for helping people, not taking from them. I will make sure this is properly reflected in our Terms.

As you �ve seen, I continue to post to ESLPrintables, because I benefited a lot from your work, and I wish to give back to you all, possibly even more than I got. I hope that you now understand my motivations and will not see iSLCollective.com as a threat or a trick. I �m sure it �s not gonna "steal" users from here, and nobody �s gonna stop using ESLPrintables. I hope that the my site can complement ESLPrintables, and in the end, hopefully, a lot more students will learn from interesting worksheets that we all share.�

Bless up,

Kisdobos

2 Nov 2009     

< Previous   1    2