Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > A quick-fire number recognition/pronunciation computer game    

A quick-fire number recognition/pronunciation computer game

Debaixa
Spain

A quick-fire number recognition/pronunciation computer game

I find my students really struggle with saying/thinking numbers, especially getting into the hundreds and thousands.

I�m thinking of perhaps a space-invaders style game where the student has to practice identifying numbers quickly. Maybe along the lines of "stress monsters" in the OUP English File on-line practice. A pronunciation element would be very helpful (a guide response for incorrect answers).

Has anybody come across such a computer game?

Does anyone have the programing skills/contacts to develop it?

2 Nov 2009      

cheezels
New Zealand

http://www.gamequarium.com has loads of games, they might have what you are looking for... I used to use a lot of their games for English and Math on the interactive whiteboard when I was a classroom teacher.. I have not been there for a couple of years now but I immediately thought of their site when you said you wanted a numbers game...

Have a browse there, they just might have something!

EDIT:... hmmmmm they seem to be different from when I remember them.. maybe you have to be a member to see everything now.... it used to be a fab site.... now I don´t know....

2 Nov 2009