Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Uploads    

Uploads

libertybelle
United States

Uploads

It still bothers me to see people uploading 3 pages that deal with the same subject uploaded as 3 different WS.
I uploaded 3 pages in color with images and lots of stuff, and had no problems.
Some people upload even more than that.

Why make people upload 3 times (and use their points) when in reality they could have it in one?
Is this a point thing again?
If possible - everyone should do this.
L

8 Nov 2009      

zemi-san
Canada

Business is business. Price for 3 eguals 3. And price for 3 in 1 costs just one. Funny teacher �s and student �s trick. Life is life. :):):) some people is a bit more economic rather to be more generous. :) Good luck.

8 Nov 2009     

serenity light
Kuwait

Hi libertybelle: in fact I agree with you... I �m new here but I think it would be much easier to download ws about one topic once than finding all the parts and downloading them separately. But, you know what? I tried to uplaod today something with seven pages but I thought that the size would be bigger than the accepted one ,so I had to divide the papers into three groups... and again I succeeded to uplaod only two while I failed with the  third . I wish I could find a way to make the image sizes smaller so I can avoid the need tp divide my worksheets. I don �t know if you can suggest a program that can helpp me reduce the images size....

Have a nice day!

8 Nov 2009     

gabitza
Romania

Hi guys!
It is not always the points. It might be the size restrictions.

I myself have just uploaded 3 pages dealing with the same subject. And I �m not after the points. I have more than enough to download for a lifetime even without contributing anymore.

In my case each doc is over 200kb. I tried NXpoerlite to reduce the size and compressing the pictures - it worked but then the whole stuff became blurry. I �d rather upload different doc with clear images than one multiple pages doc with blurry pictures. That �s how I feel.

Have a great night,
Gabitza

8 Nov 2009     

libertybelle
United States

I understand Gabitza- -but I �m talking about one black and white worksheet vs
3 color pages with images  -I can do it, so can the others.

Miss Serentity
You can start by compressing in Word.

I use, like Gabitza - NXPowerlite.  My images don �t get blurry.

You can also make a screen capture, open it in a paint program and insert it as a jpg.
That will keep all your images in one place and might it much lighter, but I find the images and especially the text does get a bit blurry.

8 Nov 2009     

Vivi Quir
Argentina

I don �t think we, downloaders, should worry.

Personally  when I notice sth like this I just download one of the "pseudo-similar  works", then I turn the pics to B&W myself, so if there are speculators trying to get more points, they won �t get them from me, at least!

8 Nov 2009     

PhilipR
Thailand

If it �s a size issue, I understand the uploaders. 300kB isn �t that much (though enough for me), and not everyone is a �compressing expert �.
Personally, I absolutely dislike worksheets with �page captures � to compress size, since this makes it impossible to edit any of the content and, believe it or not, sometimes this is really necessary when you �re teaching in a different part of the world.

8 Nov 2009     

libertybelle
United States

I agree Philip - and I don �t do that either, on the other hand I really check out those big jpg ws before downloading. I know Katiana uses this technique. It works for her. But most WS have to be corrected or edited before I use them.
I do like the NXpowerlite, but I also found out that while working on a ws, the file gets bigger and bigger. So when I �m finished, I copy and paste into whole new page and save and it it often much lighter than the one I worked on.

ps - I think everyone should try to find out ways to lighten their files. Like I wrote, a while back many of us contributed to a new server. It would be a shame if Victor had to go out and buy a new one again.
I´m sure it doesn´t take long to learn how to reduce wss.

8 Nov 2009