Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Why not IWB activities?    

Why not IWB activities?

maestrafrancy
Italy

Why not IWB activities?

Hi everybody,
I normally prepare my lessons using my IWB software and I was just thinking we could start to upload lessons for IWB too. What do you think?

11 Nov 2009      

FroggyClaudine
France

I �m sorry I might sound stupid but what is IWB ?

11 Nov 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

We have just got Interactive whiteboard installed at our centre and activities for that would be very usefu.

11 Nov 2009     

szamoca
Hungary

Yes that would be really great. Our scholl has got six interactive whiteboards. IT teachers use them only. :-(

11 Nov 2009     

eng789
Israel

We don �t have IWB �s in our school and I don �t expect to see them soon.  As far as preparation is concerned,  do you think it is more or less work using them?  I hate it when my tape doesn �t work for a listening comprehension exercise.  Are there a lot of technical problems?  
Do you enjoy working with it?
Sorry for the 20 questions - I have a bit of trouble dealing with change.

11 Nov 2009     

mariannina
Italy

In my school we �ve got five of them, but we can �t manage using them yet Embarrassed. I think it �s a good support in teaching, if I only knew how to use it! Cry

11 Nov 2009     

refis24
United Kingdom

I have got some good IWB material and it would be useful to upload and share them with you all. Smile

11 Nov 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

I am teaching in the room with the interactive whiteboard tomorrow and I shall be forced to use it as there is no whiteboard anymore. I have receive some rudimentary training in the basics. To use these �monsters � effectively requires a lot of learning but the main feature is interactivity - students can actually get involved in manipulating text/image on the board itself.

I �ll let you know tomorrow evening how I get on.

11 Nov 2009     

eng789
Israel

Dear aftab, break a leg tomorrow. I �m sure you �ll do great. I �ll be waiting to hear how it went. 

Mariannina - I understand what you mean, maybe I �ll be lucky and retire before they come to our school. 

Hugs Barbara

11 Nov 2009     

maestrafrancy
Italy

Thanks for your replies. I have been working with my IWB (interactive whiteboard, for Claudine) for four years and I am really fond of it. Children love it and I see they can memorize vocabulary and structures better than before.
I can upload some lessons I did, but I am thinking maybe it would be better to export them in PPT, as I don �t know if they work with other kinds od IWBs...
Anyway, I work with a Smartboard, but I am starting to use also a Promethean one. What about you?

I am ready to help people who have an interactive whiteboard, but they can �t use it!;-)

11 Nov 2009     

susannem
Denmark

At my school we have  smartboards - which I love - in most classroom. We also have 5 activeboards and you can use the software on both boards. Think it would be great if we could upload material here

11 Nov 2009     

1    2    Next >