Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > Don īt be flipped!    

Don īt be flipped!

angela#anaconda
France

Don īt be flipped!

I was watching an old episode from Santa Barbara ( Should I be ashamed?Embarrassed) and at one point a charachter says to another: "Don īt be flipped!" What does it mean? I haven īt been able to find "be flipped" in any dictionary, so if someone has heard or used this expression before, they can feel free to help!
Thanks a lot guys!

Anne

14 Nov 2009      

snejankaaa
Bulgaria

I think that " be flipped" means TO LOSE SELF-CONTROL or BE IN RAPTURES OVER

14 Nov 2009     

MarionG
Netherlands

I am not familiar with Santa Barbara but unless you are a pancake īdon īt be flipped � would mean "Don īt be crazy" "don īt be stupid" " don īt act as if you are in a panic" or something along those lines....

14 Nov 2009     

reeta1
Canada

They probably said, don īt be flip, which means don īt be insulting or cheeky. I remember that show-A. Martinez!

14 Nov 2009     

dennismychina
China

Hi,

I𠍿 not familiar with that show either. Do you think it might have been, he has flipped because to flip in English slang means, as our new moderator (congratulations Snejankaaa) said, is to loose self control, he has flipped his lid � he has lost it � out of control. However without knowing the circumstances we are really just guessing. But on the other hand� (I𠐔e got four fingers and a thumb.Confused)

Enjoy.

14 Nov 2009