Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > IMAGES FROM YOUTUBE: LEGAL?    

IMAGES FROM YOUTUBE: LEGAL?

merywell
Spain

IMAGES FROM YOUTUBE: LEGAL?

hiiii

I have three questions to ask you  I hope someone can help me to solve my problems...

1. Can I take an image from a youtube video?? Is this possible? If so, how can I do it? Is there a specific programme to do it?

2. Is it legal to copy an image from a video in a worksheet? I mean I am going to publish an article in a Spanish magazine that promotes Spanish as a second language abroad and I would like to copy that image from the video on it but I don�t know if this is possible, if I need any kind of author�s rights if not... ANYONE HAS THE ANSWER??

3. Finally, I also want to do a teaching session based on a video from youtube (a videoclip) but I don�t know what kind of activities I can do apart from listen the song, watch it, fill in the blanks, order paragraphs... I NEED MORE IMAGINATION!!  The song is quite good because most of the times are cartoons but I don�t want to use the same kind of exercises again and again, do you understand? I don�t know something more imaginative that I can do with a videclip...

ANY TEACHING IDEA FOR A VIDEO LESSON??

THANKS IN ADVANCED!!

Mery

18 Nov 2009      

-eva
Spain

Hi,
About free pictures, you can get loads of spectacular ones at flickr, and they �re totally free!
Secondly, I suggest having a look at what other colleagues have done with videos or songs  here, at esl printables, and you can somehow "imitate" their ideas, there are some fantastic ones, you know.
cheers,
Eva

18 Nov 2009