Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > ???    

???

aura+
Portugal

???

Unhappy would anyone, please, answer my question?

thanks

23 Nov 2009      

miaot
Spain

It is correct in my opinion.

23 Nov 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Hi dear!!

I saw your question! And I really want to help but I �m not sure how to back up my opinion with grammatically correct explanation.

I would not say that "the text talks about" .. to me there isn �t subject + verb agreement in regards to meaning. I wouldn �t say the text talks...

But maybe the text deals with,....
or
It is suggested by the author of the text...  

23 Nov 2009     

aura+
Portugal

thanks for your answers! Only now I am Confused. But it �s ok, I �ll manage! Off to bed now...

hugs

Aura

23 Nov 2009     

alien boy
Japan

If your question is still on the front page of the discussion posts (at least) then you should perhaps learn a little patience. It �s a global community here, so not everyone is in the same timezone as yourself...
Please!

Regards,
AB

23 Nov 2009     

Carla Horne
United States

Hi Aura +,

If I am to understand you correctly, your question has to do with what verb should be used with "text." To say that the "text" talks, says, states or explains, etc. is to personify it. However, we could say that the author states, says, or explains in the text... This would not be personification, but would require the normal singular and singular verb agreement. I hope that answers your question.

Carla

23 Nov 2009