Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > days of the week (snap snap) :-))    

days of the week (snap snap) :-))

silvanija
Lithuania

days of the week (snap snap) :-))

What a wonderful Monday is today Big smile!!!

My pupils had to learn days of the week today and one of activities was to sing a song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPzIbbvoiMA . My students had a great fun singing it and snapping their fingers. They asked for more and more. But most amazing was what happened next. We read a poem (http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=179774#thetop  a huge thank you to Svetamarik) and my kids decided to sing it to the same tune. We invented a wonderful song together. I was the happiest teacher today Big smileHeart. It was such a fun.

30 Nov 2009      

rodrigoleao2005
Brazil

Nice song! I�m sure my students will love it . Thanks for sharing

30 Nov 2009     

serene
Greece

Hello Silvana,

I �m so glad for you!! Big smile It really feels so exhilarating to have a successful lesson!

It �s been a happy day for me too. Recently we had been discussing the topic of friendship, solidarity and peace with my older teenage students and today we did the song "Stand by me". First we watched a video clip of the original version by Ben E. King and discussed the lyrics (I had previously handed out the usual gap-fill worksheet). Then we talked about the unifying power of music and we watched the Playing for Change version of the song (thanks again Eva for posting it at the cafe). Finally, at the end of the lesson I showed them the Timon and Pumba version of Stand by me. I was sure that they would enjoy it a lot since they had grown up with Timon and Pumba and the video would remind them of their childhood.
Let me tell you that this group of students are usually tired (they are preparing hard for the entrance exams to university), dispirited and generally unmotivated. Well, I observed their faces as they were watching each video clip and I realized I hadn �t seen them so lively and happy for ages. They even continued to hum the tune during the break.

Have a nice day

30 Nov 2009     

chalco
France

Thank you for the link. I already knew the tune but I had never come across it on the net. FAB!

30 Nov 2009