Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > help please    

help please

gyzmys
Turkey

help please

hi everyone!!
I need games about clothes that make the learners have fun..

thanks in advance..

30 Nov 2009      

mango13
Russian Federation

Hi! one is- you can bring some clothes for a doll in a small bag. a student should take one out (eyes closed) & guess what is it. Always fun but they should already know the vocabulary. 

30 Nov 2009     

N.F.T
South Africa

The following activity worked a CHARM in my class.

At the end of the a class day I gave the students this little task for homework.  They must each come packed with a FULL set of extra clothes for the next lesson. 

First we took a look at all the clothes the students bought and made sure the correct name was associated to the particular item.  Because a lot of the students wanted to show off some interesting pieces of clothing this became quite a fun activity in itself.

The next step was to put all the clothes into 2 big piles and split the class into 2 teams (you can change the number of piles and teams to suit your class size and needs.)

Next you have the teams line up against the back wall of the class and put the repsepctive piles of clothing on the opposite end.

Now comes the fun part.  The teacher calls out a particular item of clothing from the list and either ONE person per team or ALL the students or small TEAMS rush forward and have to dig out the chosen article and put it on and return to the wall.  The first team/group to have all the articles called out and wearing them and lined up back at the starting point wins the activity.

Other options:  you can put all the clothes into ONE pile and be very specific in the items of clothing you call out (knowing what has been provided).  EG:  Green Tshirt, Red Socks etc.  One student from each team races to the pile and retrieves the item, puts it on, and returns to their team.  The team wearing the most items wins.

this is fun as you end up with one student wearing 3 shirts, others with 4 pairs of socks dangling from every limb.

Other option:  A fashion parade.  This will include a themed categories "movies/fantasy/rock n roll etc" and you can have students give a description while the clothes are modelled. 

Other fun games:  Creating clothes from newspaper/plastic packets etc.  Have students create outfits from these items.  You �d be amazed how glamorous a roll of toilet paper can look when it �s worn correctly:)

Hope these help!

NFT

30 Nov 2009     

Nicola5052
United Kingdom

I don �t teach children but I �m tempted to try the game with the family and friends at Christmas!!!  After a few bottles of wine it should be great fun!!

30 Nov 2009     

baiba
Latvia

Excellent idea, NFT! It must work with all ages because it seems to be suuuuuuuch fun Big smile

30 Nov 2009     

T.Manal
Saudi Arabia

wooow

It is amazing game really....I like it and I am sure I am going to use it

thank you so much for sharing this game

30 Nov 2009     

N.F.T
South Africa

My pleasure guys:)  Let me know how the games work out in your classroom:)

30 Nov 2009     

gyzmys
Turkey

thanks for all, they are really funny..

1 Dec 2009