Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Make your own mini-whiteboard on the cheap    

Make your own mini-whiteboard on the cheap

graace
Venezuela

Make your own mini-whiteboard on the cheap

I take one-to-one classes with a woman and her son- and asked her to purchase a mini whiteboard as it would greatly help me out with both classes (for writing new words for her to copy down, and to give her son something more active to do as he is only 3 1/2.) The only ones she could find were very expensive so I created my own which is probably better and much cheaper than any you can buy in the shops.

You need: a transparent plastic folder, or the plastic sheath used for laminating, which you put a plain peice of paper or card inside. You can draw or write on this with a wipe-clean marker pen, and the best thing about it is you can create worksheets that slip inside the plastic that the pupil can complete and wipe off- so you can use them again and again. Eg: a blank clock face for the student to draw on the hands at the correct time, dotted words for young children to trace over.

Hope this is clear and useful for anyone with limited resources.

11 Nov 2008      

donia
Oman

good idea I like it

14 Nov 2008