Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Where can I find English texts translated into Spanish language?    

Where can I find English texts translated into Spanish language?

JUANBEGI
Spain

Where can I find English texts translated into Spanish language?

Morning my dear colleagues. This year, I �ve got two groups in Upper Secondary Education with a really low level in English. I thought of giving students texts in Spanish so that they can translate them into English. I have surfed the net, but I don �t find anything interesting. I would need a site where to find texts in English and Spanish at the same time. Please, help me. Thank you so much in advance.

13 Dec 2009      

aftab57
United Kingdom

These links provide materials in various languages and english. Although they are aimed at service providers and clients of those servises you may be able to do something with them.

13 Dec 2009     

PhilipR
Thailand

Teaching English using the grammar-translation method is completely outdated. Why don �t you try to find some more interesting communicative activities for low-level students? Or some elementary pair work? At least they �ll be able to use that kind of language in real life. Translating a text must be the most boring thing in the world (unless you get paid hard cash to do so).

13 Dec 2009     

-eva
Spain

My students all love englishexercises.org, it does help them revise and they seem to be progressing. Those exercises are wonderful and we have such an easy access. There �s no translation there, though, but I agree with Philip R. that translation is another skill, apart from being really difficult -specially if it �s direct- I �m suggesting the computer because they love screens and find them so motivating. Hope this helps
Have a nice Sunday evening!

13 Dec 2009