Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > After working at my pps all day yesterday, I´m told I¨    

After working at my pps all day yesterday, I´m told I¨

nita551
Spain

After working at my pps all day yesterday, I´m told I¨

I�m really annoyed, I spent many hrs yesterday working on my pps, I made several using the same material and adapting it to the different levels; I got clipart and info ideas from different sites, and I adapted them...I even made a set of flashcards from scratch using the same clipart, and I�m told they are stolen...I can�t believe it. I�ve had a look at the site I�m told I stole from, and yes, its true that "SOME" of the clipart is the same...Does that mean that everytime we use clipart, we are stealing?. I�m annoyed and very disappointed.

13 Dec 2009      

pelusatugce87
Turkey

Dear Nita,

I had the same problem a while ago. It is so normal to use pics,clipparts thar are available on internet. We just adapt them to our work. That �s all! I am afraid that we will not able to use even celeb �s pics due to copyright infringement  in the near future.

13 Dec 2009     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Hi, nita.

I don �t know exactly what ppt are you talking about because there was a huge number of them reported in last couple of days.  From which site was the clipart you used? Some sites have copyrights on their clipart and it could be a possible reason for removal.
How did you adapt the material from other sites? Wasn �t it just copy and paste? Did you add some tasks?

BTW, I had a look on your wss and sent you a PM, because I don �t want to go through it on the public.

Regards, Michaela

13 Dec 2009     

nita551
Spain

That�s the site www.mes-english.com/flashcards/christmas.php. After having a look at it I can see that some of the pictures are the same, (although I didn�t take them from this site), and it would have been allright had they taken the flashcards out, which had "SOME" of those pics and just a vocabulary words added, but the pps had Christmas traditions and information.

13 Dec 2009     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

So that is the problem - we cannot use images from mess-english. Change the images and re-upload the ws again. It should be OK then.Wink

13 Dec 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

Hi Nita. I don �t know about your pps that were removed because I haven �t seen them. But from what you are saying here, i can see that  the only problem  is the copyrighted pics you included. So, if that is que question, why don �t you update your pps with free or public domain graphics and upload them again? Mine is just a suggestion, of course!

13 Dec 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

The owner of MES english and tools for educators is a member here and checks nearly everyday for work that uses anything from his websites. He reports them as and when he sees them. The rules about it are stated on his sites but often new members don �t realise that they can �t use them simply because have not read the terms of use on his sites.
Good luck with with your future worksheets and ppts.

13 Dec 2009     

nita551
Spain

I have READ the rules..but I didnt get the pics from that site...Anyway, it�s clear now what the problem is...

Thank you for all your comments and suggestions and�

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!!!!

13 Dec 2009     

alien boy
Japan

The problem with MES English isn �t necessarily to do with the images from MESEnglish. I have many of the same images that they use because I also own a large amount of clipart. The problem is in using their layout - their materials are protected but they also use many of the same images that are available to others... so just because the clipart is used in MESEnglish doesn �t always mean that it �s been stolen.
Regards,
AB

14 Dec 2009