Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > disappointed    

disappointed

angelamoreyra
Argentina

disappointed

hi some of my contribuitions have been removed because they are supposed to be scanned well: they are not, firstly I dont have word just abiword and it doesnt allow me to add things to ws when I prepare a worksheet I USE A JPG IMAGE TAKEN FROM THE NET OR PICASAWEB THEY ARE NOT SCANNED WITH THAT IMAGE I DO STH  I mean numbers,colours .. with different fonts and frames  downloaded from the net,too.THE PROGRAM I USE IS CALLED MICROSOFT PICTURE PREMIUM then I PASTED IT IN  ABIWORD I HAVE TO SAVE AS A DOC FILE,BUT THE IMAGES ARE HEAVY AND I DONT HAVE PAINT SO I USE OPENOFFICE TO OPEN THE FILE AND I ADJUST IT TO THE PAGE IF I DONT THE IMAGE APPERS SMALL AND WITH A BLUE BACKGROUND( I DONT KNOW WHY) FOR THAT REASON YOU SEE IT AS GREY OR DARK  FINALLY I SAVE IT AS A DOC FILE ON THE CONTRARY IF I WANT TO DO WS DIRECTLY IN OPENOFFICE,THE IMAGES APPEAR AS ERROR OR CROSSES NOW YOU KNOW HOW I PREPARE MY WS THEY ARE NOT SCANNED THEY ARE MODIFIED PICTURES PASTED ONTO A DOC,JUST LOOK AND IF YOU CONSIDER IT ,PLEASE REMOVE IT THE ARE IMAGES ....JUST IMAGES FOR THAT REASON THEY ARE NOT EDITABLE HOW CAN THEY BE SCANNED FROM A BOOK ?IF THESE WS AREN �T  GREAT LOOK  PLEASE I ONLY KNOW I WILL STOP MAKING WS FOR THE MOMENT,I AM NOT ANGRY JUST DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF BECAUSE I AM NOT ABLE TO DO WS IN THE WAY YOU DO I HAVE TO UNDERGO ALL THOSE STEPS TO UPLOAD ONE,THANK YOU AND SORRY...I JUST WANTED TO TELL YOU HOW  AND AGAIN THEY ARE NOT SCANNED ...WELL MAYBE I AM A LITTLE ANGRY .GREETINGS 

15 Dec 2009      

sirah
Argentina

Please titila cheer up! your ws are great! and  you do a great job.
hugs
PatriciaSmile

15 Dec 2009     

David Lisgo
Japan

Hi Titila,

All you can do is upload your worksheets again, explain that they are your own creation, even though they may look scanned, and if reported I believe most moderators will vote for them to stay and because of your description they are unlikely to be reported.

I only looked at the moderators page for a short time yesterday as this is a very busy period.  I saw your worksheets, but didn �t vote because it wasn �t a clearcut decision.  I suppose many moderators felt the same and didn �t vote.  I must say that one of the moderators thought she/he saw (a) picture/s from a textbook in one of your worksheets.  Since you got your pictures from the net, then this very well may be true and if so, then no injustice was done. 

There aren �t any rules on how to make worksheets except regarding copyright, size and the fact that they must be in a Word Document for uploading.  So continue producing worksheets the way you know how.

Sincerely,
David Lisgo

15 Dec 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

Dear Titila,
I see you are writing in the heat of the moment... I find it a bit difficult to understand your explanation. Anyhow, your worksheets are great, you don �t have to apologize for anything!!!
Every now and then there is a doubt whether a worksheet is scanned or not, but relax because (hopefully most times) moderators will remove it only if there �s clear evidence of it.
Good luck,
Cyn

15 Dec 2009     

David Lisgo
Japan

Dear Titila,

Two of your worksheets are still on the �reported contributions � page. Why don �t you defend them there as you are a moderator.

David

15 Dec 2009     

angelamoreyra
Argentina

up to now I have deleted 4 ws about 1500 points tomorrow I WILL CONTINUE REMOVING MY WS ( there should another way to delete ws  it takes long time to remove one by one ) bye

15 Dec 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

Titila,
Please don �t delete your worksheets... there �s no need... there �s nothing wrong with the files being uneditable (is that a word?)...
Cyn

15 Dec 2009     

wilwarin32
Argentina

Please, Titila! Don �t remove your wss. They �re really good!

15 Dec 2009     

Fabiola Salinas
Argentina

Titila, I agree with the rest! You shouldn �t remove your ws!! They are really very creative!!!and appealing!! I �ve told you before... I love your style!!! If you remove your work... we won �t have any more chances of sharing it with the rest. Let me tell you... I �ve come across many pictures you use in internet, many in picassaweb... I guess they belong to a published material or sth; however the way you transform the whole thing into very creative and cute exercises, cannot be discussed!!
Please, relax yourself... take your time... think it over...and STAY IN THIS SITE! Warm regards, from Cordoba, Argentina. Fabiola :o) 

15 Dec 2009     

pauguzman
Argentina

please, don �t remove your ws!!! send an email to Victor and explain your situation
hugs, Paula

15 Dec 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

I sent you a pm asking you about this and even though I did not receive a reply I ask you again to fight against this... if you are saying the truth why would you delete them?

If I were you I would upload them again...

Have a good day.

15 Dec 2009     

1    2    Next >