Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Happy holidays    

Happy holidays

Victoria-Ladybug
Israel

Here is a palm tree in snow from Jerusalem for you spagman63!
In my city, Ashdod, there is no snow in winter at all!I am sad!

A cute snowman on the streets of Jerusalem!

16 Dec 2009     

Aimee/S.
Israel

Thanks for the nice pictures, Orit and Vica! Happy Hanukah!
I haven �t seen thick snow in Jerusalem for years now...
Silke: LOL and Happy Christmas! I see you �re ready for it!
Your questions related to Jerusalem, David: it �s still warm and sunny, the nights are colder. There hasn �t been thick snow here for years now! Every winter, we hope for at least a day of it... let �s see what will happen this winter.
For the moment, what we need desperately is rain...
There aren �t so many fields around me... so I can �t tell you about the sheperds watching sheep LOL... I have the feeling that you might see a few around Bethlehem... That�s where most of the action will be next week! Happy Christmas to you!

16 Dec 2009     

gilorit
Israel

Dear Spagman63
You are right - there are certain areas in Israel which have snow in winter, Up in the north and in Jerusalem and in high places in the south - but it is not the kind of snow Europe or America, Canada have. It does not last too  long , because it is not that cold here.
About the shephereds - well, I live in a suburb of Haifa, which is a city in the North,  so there aren �t any... Most shephereds are from Arab villages or Beduins.
Have a nice day
Orit

16 Dec 2009     

vardaki
Cyprus

Pleace, don �t speaking about snowUnhappy. I �m jealous............Ermm No snow in my areaCry

16 Dec 2009     

Fabiola Salinas
Argentina

Hi! Everyone! I enjoyed reading all these comments!ha! It �s amazing how all countries are influenced by "cold Santa"!!! Here , down south in Argentina, we are with very high temperatures, swimming in the pool & all children waiting for a fat Santa, wearing very warm clothes ,coming from the snow!!!! It sounds weird but nobody complains or sees the thing out of place!! We used to wait for baby Jesus (though many of us still do & keep on fostering it!!) ; however Northern hemisphere influence has invaded the south!!! I �m not shocked at all to see that poster of Santa with a fantastic blue sky & sunny day behind in Tel-aviv!!!ha!
Can �t imagine what a Christmas gathering would be like without warm (or hot) weather!!!! Best wishes to all of you!!!!!! Fabiola :o)

16 Dec 2009     

< Previous   1    2