Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Free layouts available.    

Free layouts available.

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Free layouts available.

Hi, guys! As we didn �t get to a point with my topic yesterday, even though I consider it was important to discuss it, I �ve decided to do something about it, as I am quite stubborn. Tongue

PhilipR told me that his gameboard template was deleted as NON-esl resource. I remember that he only did the gameboard template because a member complained that someone used his/her template for A WHOLE NEW GAME. And it raised a big discussion among moderators. This attitude is very disturbing, if you ask me, in a website like this. I could see his genuine will to help (not to gain points), those who voted for removal couldn �t? I wonder.

I just wanted to share a personal story. About two years ago, I discovered SCRAPBOOKING, and thought it was beautiful, so I joined a website similar to this one, where people share SB stuff (kits, tutorials, tips). If it weren �t for the help of others, I think I would never alone learn by myself HOW to do beautiful stuff for my baby �s pics. In a very short time, I learned. But without the �starters � templates, I think I wouldn �t have, as I am not an artist nor very artistically creative. But I know what it �s like NOT KNOWING how to use a computer software, and it �s always better (read: easier and more motivating) if you use what others (more experienced) do, to help you START your OWN work. That �s also teaching IMHO.
Here are some things I �m able to do now (but wasn �t in the beginning):

Ok, I confess, I just wanted to brag with my baby!! hehehehe LOL
I �m joking! I actually wanted to clarify my point.

Not that people will, but I want to share my layouts, if someone finds them useful, is free to give me the genuine compliment of using them. As in here (I myself included), we are drawn to the wss that are catchy to the eye, afterwards, we check the content. Wink

Thanks for the attention of reading this. I appreciate.
Best regards,
Bruna.

16 Dec 2009      

Mariethe House
France

Bruna! I see you have a little princess too!!Smile So very lovely!

Now, to come to your point I would really like to thank you for the beautiful heart you have and the generosity you are showing on this forum! I thank you for the spirit of real generosity which I think is necessary ( at this time of year especially) if we want this place to be a true and real sharing place! I am indeed touched by your message ! it gives me hope for our future world, the world of your baby and of my granddaughter and of all the children in the world to see that young people of your age, a young mother , a young lady works for more intelligence, more help, more sharing and more empathy with people! i do congratulate you and thank you for being this little bundle of joy and generosity . This is how it all starts !
Best respectful regards from Mariethe. And merry Christmas!

16 Dec 2009     

celine1
France

I don �t know what to think. I agree with you that beginners should be allowed to get a break and even use layouts from other members as long as they add their own content, but it �s so difficult to monitor! and then some new members might just get into a habit of copying other people �s editable work and changing a few words here and there...
I don �t know... it �s a bit dangerous, see what happened to Katiana (I �m sorry I think I mispelt that) what if one day someone wants to make a book out of their work, but find that it has been copied so many times for other worksheets that it has no original value anymore?
maybe that �s the only downfall of a website like this, if you upload your work here it is not really yours anymore....
Anyway, I can �t make up my mind here but I wanted to reply to you, you obviously take the matter at heart.
Also, I �d like to tell you that I love scrapbooking and playing with images. Nice work! what is this wonderful website of yours?? Do they accept new members?

Happy Christmas everybody, and thank you for your work: I use it every single day.

16 Dec 2009     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

My dearest colleagues, thank you so very much for your kind words. When I read things like your post Mariethe, it makes me think that I �m just trying to be the way I would like others to be, especially when I think I have a baby who �ll learn lessons from me, and what kind of lessons I want to teach her. And your post really made my day. I was afraid nodoby would want to discuss this again, but your words made my effort worth it; So, thank you very much.

And dear Celine, I also think it �s hard to monitor what would be a copy and what would be an inspiration, but this site has MANY moderators, some who try to be fair and keep the site clean from people who are just interested in GETTING, not sharing, and some who just can �t see what I see as the �inspiration � part I mention. It would be difficult to draw the line, but difficult doesn �t mean impossible.
And regarding the shared use of a layout, in my case wouldn �t be a problem, I created the coursebook we use in my school, but its aim is teaching English to adults, which don �t need the beautiful colorful layouts, I only created them because I could notice (after a while in eslprintables) it would make people turn their attention to my work (are we all kids here!? hehehehe). So whoever is planning to publish their - art - work, or simply doesn �t want to share, can just state so.

And... The SB website is one of the most famous: www.freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Which is great and it �s free (just like eslprintables.com)!! I got valuable help there.

Thank you again for your replies, I really appreciate the attention.
Hugs, Bruna.

16 Dec 2009     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

I was so emotional and I forgot to say... may you have the best Christmas of your lives, but only till next year!! I hope our lives just get better and better!

HAPPY HOLYDAYS!

Wink

16 Dec 2009     

celine1
France

I was writing a reply and it got lost I don �t know why, I hate it  when that happens (always happens to me when I write long emails to my family! I must click something by mistake and everything gets lost)

Thank you for your kind words. I am happy for anyone to use my layouts too, It �s just that I have read so many different opinions on the matter in the last few days... it �s not an easy matter for everyone I think, and I understand why in some instances.

And I thought the website only had a few moderators, like 2 or 3... I guess I �m still quite new and I don �t know how everything works yet :)

You are very kind hearted. This forum makes me feel better about myself when I read some people �s  kind words. Sometimes in the teacher �s room, some teachers (they are young folk coming from around the world and wanting to have fun) say things that deeply disturb me, about the students, about other teachers, about this website even... I keep myself to myself, no wanting to get into arguments... am I silly or geeky or uncool for not liking to insult other people �s work, or culture, or way of thinking? Maybe, but I still won �t do it. I don �t care if they think I �m uncool. I hope to be kind hearted too. I want a baby very soon, I hope he/she will be as lucky as yours.

Good night (it �s 1am in Vietnam!) and merry Xmas if we don �t talk again before next week!

16 Dec 2009     

Zora
Canada

I think that having a section with templates like we do for flashcards, reading activities, grammar, etc is an EXCELLENT idea!!!

Too many people have great ideas but just don �t know where or how to begin ... exactly like you and your scrapbooking adventure Smile  - and this would help them enormously! I really like the idea since I am one of the ones that, believe it or not, has a real problem "designing" a worksheet layout at times lol ...(sometimes, I spend needless hours just moving boxes and stuff around)... and having layouts might just make my own life a tad easier! haha...

But seriously now... The idea is good one that should seriously be taken into consideration, not all of us are "creative" and this site �s main idea has always been to "help each other for the benefit of our students." and lately, it seems like every man for himself... something I find very disheartening.

16 Dec 2009     

Lancillotta:
Italy

THANKS  Brunadutra, Mariethe and Celine1,

I agree with you and  I want to share "my" layouts, if someone finds them useful :nothing special really, but I �ll be glad if someone  could   find in them  a good help.
Thanks again Brunadutra,
Have a nice day
Sabrina 

16 Dec 2009