Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Could you tell me    

Could you tell me

stexstme
France

Could you tell me

Hello!
I am new here, and one of my worksheets has no comments : Maybe someone can tell me what is wrong with it ??? I would be grateful because I am worried? ( It is �Animal worksheet �.)
Thank you for your answer.
Caroline

16 Dec 2009      

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Dear Caroline,

first of all: WELCOME to this great site.Hug

Now to your question: There is nothing wrong with the worksheet. If there was something wrong with it, it wouldn �t have any downloads (and it has 38 by now). The problem are the people who downloaded it. This issue has been talked through loads of times on this forum. Some people say they don �t have time to say "Thank you", some probably think they don �t need it. Thumbs DownI know how encouraging the comments are, especially for new users. But that �s how some people are and there is nothing you can do about it.
But don �t worry about it very much. What is more important, that people are downloading it.Thumbs Up
Take care, Michaela

16 Dec 2009     

vardaki
Cyprus

Have a look here:
http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=13920

16 Dec 2009     

stexstme
France

Thank you! I already have a nice comment! But I did not understand why this worksheet had no comments at all. I felt it was not very good.
When I have a comment, I feel so happy!
Thank you for your answer and thank you to the French person who wrote a nice comment.
( but I thought something was wrong with this worksheet...It is just like the others... )

16 Dec 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Hi CAro,
Welcome!!
Don �t feel discouraged if people don �t leave "comments" and thank yous! It �s like one of the members said. .. Some people just take and take and never say thank you or anything! They are silent members! And some quite secretive...! Coolso don �t feel bad! Your worksheets are very pretty!..:)

16 Dec 2009     

mourisca
Portugal

I know that this subject has been talked several times...
I didn�t read all the comments about it and perhaps what I am about to write has already been written...
if there is the possibility to have some kind of "button" (next to where one clicks to download a ws or a ppt) that says "THANKS"... why not use it? (another work load for Vitor Confused )
(but keep the existing way to write comments for those who like to write a personal one)...

Just a thought...

Good night..... Smile

16 Dec 2009     

juliag
Japan

I know it can be disappointing and discouraging when people don �t leave comments or thank yous after you have spent a long time on a worksheet, but the problem is with them, not you, so please don �t let it worry you.

I think your worksheets are really nice, and other people must think so, too, or you wouldn �t get so many downloads. I haven �t seen your animals worksheet yet, but if I download it I �ll be sure to leave a comment.

I know from my own experience how nice and encouraging it is when you get a nice comment, so I always try to leave a thank you and a comment for every worksheet I download. I think of it as a little something I can do do support and encourage the members of this community, and also just simple politeness as well to thank people for all their hard work. They are saving me so much time by uploaded their worksheets to the site, that the least I can do is take a few seconds to say thank you to them for it.

I think there must be all sorts of people in this community, just as there are in any "real" community. Some think it �s important to say thank you and always do (I know, I see their names and comments under so many worksheets), and others don �t seem to think it �s very important.

I suggest you just let them get on with what they do and keep doing what you do best - making lovely worksheets, and, of course, leaving nice comments on other pepole �s worksheets to thank them for their ahrd work, tooWink.

By the way, may I thank you for your PM thanking me for my comments on your previous worksheet. I was very happy to get it and know that the few seconds it took me to write a simple comment could bring you so much happiness.

Well, good luck with everything and keep contributing and enjoy this wonderful site.

Happy Christmas
Love Julia

17 Dec 2009     

shusu-euphe
Taiwan

Hi! dear,

I understand how you feel especially to see people download but no comments.
Don �t feel bad.  There are many nice and wonderful people in this community.  My "regular" supporters always thank me for it.  And i really appreciate that.

Don �t worry stay cool and be happy.

EupheWink

17 Dec 2009