Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Happy New Hijri Year 1431To all Muslims    

Happy New Hijri Year 1431To all Muslims

ayda louhichi
Tunisia

Happy New Hijri Year 1431To all Muslims

I would like to wish everyone a Happy New Hijri Year 1431. Tomorrow is the first day of Muharram, the first month of the Islamic calendar.

May this new year be a blessed, happy and joyful  for you all bringing you prosperity, success and great health.

Most households in Tunisia (my country) cook either Mloukhia or Couscous on this day; Mloukhia, because it�s green as a way of hoping it will be a green and fruitful new year ahead, or Couscous, Tunisia�s national dish using meat that was specially dried and salted for the occasion from the previous Eid Al-Adha (Kaddee Ras El Am).

It�s a national holiday in most Islamic countries, and most people relax at their homes, with nothing on their minds but the delicious lunches that awaits them

Happy new Hijri year everyone.

17 Dec 2009      

silvia28
Italy

Hello ayda louhichi,

This is really interesting to read - one knows so little of other religious traditions... well, happy New Hijri Year to you!

s.

17 Dec 2009     

rommaya
Egypt

Thanks Ayda Louhichi, and happy New Hijri year to you too. By the way in Egypt we cook Molokhya too and the whole family members get together.

Thanks again

Enjoy your time and food.

17 Dec 2009     

SaraMariam
United States

Barakallahu fiki Ayda, happy new hijri to you too :)

17 Dec 2009     

rmouh
Morocco

السلام عليكم الاخت عايدة

كل عام وانت وجميع المسلمين يخير.

Thanks a lot dear AYDA. I wish you and all Muslim people a happy new Hijjri Year 1431.

17 Dec 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Dear Ayda and all dear teachers,

I �d like to wish all muslim collegues  a happy Hijri Year, and all teachers a blessed year. May God always shower your days with love, peace, and joy.

The Hijra (هِجْرَة), or withdrawal, is the emigration of Muhammad and his followers to the city of Medina in 622, and marks the start of the Hijri year of the Islamic calendar. The year 2010 AD corresponds to the Islamic Year 1431 AH.

Best wishes,
Nebal

17 Dec 2009     

vardaki
Cyprus

Hi my friends!
Sorry for asking but is nixe to know:
a. What is Hijri?
b. You don �t celebrate the new year at 1st of January?

...thank you very much and...
happy Hijri Year!!!!!!

Hugs from Cyprus

17 Dec 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Hello Vardaki,

Veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy happy to know that you �d like to know more about our Higri New Year . Thanks for wondering and you �re always welcome to ask anything in mind.

If you �d like more information, please check this sites:

Vardaki, we do celebrate the new year at 1st of January, but as Muslims our year iis Higri ( AH).

Hugs,
Nebal

17 Dec 2009     

vardaki
Cyprus

Thanks Nebal for the information!
In your everyday life what celendar you use?

17 Dec 2009     

learner34
Turkey

Esselamu Aleykum to all. I wish all muslims and all people to have an auspicious year.

17 Dec 2009     

Bassouma
Tunisia

Happy  New Hijri year to all muslims!Smile

17 Dec 2009     

1    2    3    Next >