Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > ..................................    

______
Germany

20 Dec 2009      

Lana.
Ireland

This is shocking. Shocked

I wasn �t among the downloaders.

Maybe the worksheet you �re quoting from had a flowery layout and a few extra tasks and was therefore considered appropriate ESL resource?

20 Dec 2009     

baiba
Latvia

I guess, I did not read the content properly... Shame on me! Unhappy

20 Dec 2009     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

I find this one funny.
I also saw the first one Silke �s writing about. Maybe the problem is that in the first (removed) ws the text was about 13-years-old girl? I found that inappropriate too. But this one is rude and nasty but for adult sts there shouldn �t be a problem. Actually I think I am going to download it myself;o)
Have a nice evening, Michaela

20 Dec 2009     

Lana.
Ireland

This is weird...

I can �t even imagine the target audience for such a worksheet...Confused

Some very tough ESL prisoners, I guess...

"Banging your babysitter" - I say!.. Disapprove

20 Dec 2009     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Dear Lana,

it clearly says it �s for adult sts. When you watch English movies, the language there is much more worse. I usually advise to my sts to watch English films as they are good for improving listening skills and understanding. We shouldn �t be so narrow-minded.

@Dear Silke, you might be right. But I think even the description of that ws was strange. Maybe that was the reason I believe this ws is different.

20 Dec 2009     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Yep, sorry Silke. But my 14-years-old sts know this �kind of vocabulary anyway (of course not from me, they only try to surprise me with that;o).

20 Dec 2009     

Lana.
Ireland

Dear MJ,

the youngest student in our school is 18 years old,
out of sensitivity I wouldn �t dream of giving such vocabulary and saucy topics in class,
we have some older students and some religious students.

Even if 90% of them are comfortable and 10% uncomfortable, I would still choose not to go ahead. A class cannot give a feeling of unease that deliberately is allowed by the teacher.

That �s my opinion anyway.

20 Dec 2009     

_babz
Canada

In just a few years...

in just a few years...my little princess is going to start school....and sometimes...I get worried...

....there are some really sick people out there (men and women), some of them, are teaching our children!

Which is why I �m never surprised when I hear about a teacher getting fired...for innapropriate conduct....or in this case...innapropriate lesson plans.

a teacher should lead by example, and any innapropriate material on eslprintables.com, concerning teenager girls...or banging babysitters.....will definitely get reported by MOI!
and I encourage EVERYONE to boycott such material.

thanx

20 Dec 2009     

Denisa
Romania

oh, my! I must confess I saw this contribution a little earlier and I was tempted to write a message to its author...nothing rude or agressive, but I was wondering myself how one person who is supposed to teach good values and manners can use such words! But I restrained myself from doing that when I saw how many "great" messages  the author received from other people...
Really, people, I still have a question: adults or no adults, but just how unembarassed can you be in class when your students will be reading that? are we, as teachers supposed to teach that kind of language and have fun on "sick" situations like these? Is not enough the real world??

21 Dec 2009     

monchis
Mexico

hi everybody,

I think we all know that most teenagers use this kind of vocabulary and that many of them have already had sex, but we aren �t going to use this vocabulary in class with them.

I believe that our job as teachers is not just to provide students with skills and language knowledge, but also to guide them( I TEACH TEENAGERS). And that doesn �t mean that they have to think or act as we do, but there �s too much information available for them in the media, so they are confused and sometimes they don �t know where or how to get information that helps them.

If for any reason you need or want to talk about sex in class, there are always many other and more professional ways to talk about it.

Maybe, it �s because of my country �s culture but I don �t see the esl purpose of the ws mentioned above. So there �s a question for those who downloaded it. How would you use it in class?

just some thoughts I wanted to share with you

Thank you, have a nice weekend

21 Dec 2009     

1    2    3    4    Next >