Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > STOLEN WS - scanned pages    

STOLEN WS - scanned pages

ELOJOLIE274
France

STOLEN WS - scanned pages

HI everyone,

today i �ve noticed that a member in our community (Seoa, from South Korea) uploaded 3 powerpoints that are in fact pages scanned in a book. I reported this immediately, but I don �t know the book it was stolen from, so i �m not sure the WS will be removed! If other members in South Korea could tell us which book it is from!

Here are the links to these WS:

I don �t understand why some members continue to steal WS and take the credit for something they just scanned in a book!!! It �s a shame!!!
We all work very hard, spend hours to create a WS and then some members think they can get points that easily!

30 Dec 2009      

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

Unfortunately in every society we can find a few members who act dishonestly. In order to punish them every society has laws. Here we have a community formed by teachers and we could expect it to be different - since teachers are the ones in charge of teaching moral values besides school subjects (as they claim through the centuries to be responsible for the moral and intelectual pattern of nations).

But every teacher is also a human being, and this fact determines that this community doesn �t differ from any nation or group. For this reason we have rules - and also punishment - for the ones who prefer to be among the minority who steal, report unfairly, are impolite, are concerned only in storing points (like the ones in a real society are only concerned in storing money) and don �t mind about the community or its members � health, comfort or growing.

We can consider that ESL Printables represents any "real" part of the world therefore we find here "the good" and "the bad" guys, and the coexistence rules applied to real world are also useful here. The same way we manage our dishonest neighbor who steals our spot in the building parking garage, or throws garbage on the sidewalk, will apply here with members who copy other person �s work, upload the same work several times or report other ws out of revenge, envy, jealousy or pesonal issues.

If we want to grow as a community we have to find ways to punish bad behavior and praise the ones who make it grow, but the most important is to understand that it �s up to us merely punish them and fight them away, or understand that nobody is perfect and as teachers we also have the responsibility to show them the right pattern to follow and give them the chance to learn, rehabilitating them to take part in the community as valuable members as they have got all the makings to be.

Have a nice day!

30 Dec 2009     

ELOJOLIE274
France

You �re so right!

I felt quite powerless because i �m not a moderator (but you are one, right?), so I could do nothing else but report it and add a comment to advise others not to download those WS! especially since there were obviously scanned from a book, but I couldn �t give the name of the book it was taken from... So I wasn �t sure the WS would be removed...

Thanks for your message, I totally agree with you!!!

Have a nice day and a Happy New Year!

30 Dec 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Yes, I �m a moderator and I assure you that when a ws is reported (even when the person couldn �t provide links or the book where it �s taken from) some moderators (who are engaged in cleaning the site the same way you are) look for it and if it is scanned or copied someone will find the proof.

We are concerned not only in voting wss reported but also in providing evidence when there �s lack of. In the cases it �s copied, of course.

Have a nice day and Happy New Year!

30 Dec 2009     

ELOJOLIE274
France

Hi,
Seoa, the author of these WS, contacted me, it seems that I made an horrible mistake... these WS seemed scanned but were really his work... I apologize for making such a fuss! I �m deeply sorry to have reported these WS...
Elodie

30 Dec 2009