Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A new-year gift    

A new-year gift

vardaki
Cyprus

A new-year gift

Hi  teachers,
THE SMOKING ban in all enclosed places is an important gift given to Cypriot citizens and society in general for the New Year!!!
And I am so excited for this. But many people here react strongly, so i wonder if the law will secceed. Do you have this law in your country? Everything is ok?

Hugs
V.

30 Dec 2009      

eng789
Israel

Yes, we do and it works in most places. 
At school we have smoking and non-smoking teacher �s rooms.

Hope it is successful there.

Barbara

30 Dec 2009     

readingaol
Portugal

Yes we have. It �s been two years (if I �m not mistaken) since the law was applied.

30 Dec 2009     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

We  have it too and it also works in most places.
But we mustn �t smoke in school at all, so the teachers (and I am also a smoker) have to go outside. It works even thought it is a bit  humiliating, standing and hiding outside the school:o(  But I agree with that rule. I have no right to spoil someone else �s health.
BTW, I tried to stop several times, but it �s soooo hard:o(

Michaela

30 Dec 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

In my state (S�o Paulo state) is prohibited to smoke in public places (it �s a law that may be extended to the country in one or two months, I think). The law is new but since we have severe punishment it is respected.

Many people complained but the result is good till now. I �m a smoker but I agree that we can �t spoil other people �s health towards our option to spoil ours, and besides there �s a strange fact about cigarrette smoke: it always goes in the direction to a non-smoker�s face.

30 Dec 2009     

ants
Switzerland

This law has recently been introduced to Switzerland and it seems to be working.
You now see families eating out in restaurants and they didn �t go before because of the smoking.

30 Dec 2009     

Gia Mel
Chile

Here in Chile has been working for near two years and it works... There are special restaurants for smokers and they are enclosed... kind of funny if you think about it.... but it works. People here can not sell cigarrettes 100 mts from a school or university or any educational institution... It was hard at first, but it is so much better now... anyway, Happy New Year...

30 Dec 2009