Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > coloured worksheets    

coloured worksheets

tahriali
Tunisia

coloured worksheets

I wonder how you cope with coloured worksheet photocopies. Is it provided by school? (I doubt it!!)

1 Jan 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

Depends. Sometimes I do my own printing at home, sometimes I use one ws per a group of sts, sometimes I use a projector to show them, and sometimes I print it in black and white for them and they still like it. I mostly use b&w ones, but my sts know they �ve been really good if I provide them with coloured ones! I also use some wss just as ideas for posters or projects - the colourful versions help with ideas. But many wss here exist in colour and b&w, and even the coloured ones can be printed and used in b&w versions. This is why it �s good that they �re editable, so if there �s a lot of background colour, you can remove it. If you �re lucky enough to have a projector, it really saves time and paper, and the sts still enjoy it.

1 Jan 2010     

Aimee/S.
Israel

Nice to see you here, dear Anita! I hope you�re feeling well!

Hi Tahriali, I photocopy in b&w... Color is too expensive! Even teachers can �t print in color at school. Of course it �s a pity... but there is no choice! Some w/s in b&w are beautiful, though (like the ones Alenka designs...), and kids love to color them in. 

I �m not advertizing! LOL

Best wishes and Happy New Year!
Aimee

1 Jan 2010     

Sara5
Kuwait

Hi there,
              Sometimes i print them at home especially when i have small classes. However  i change most of the ws to greyscale and just print them at school

1 Jan 2010     

Sara5
Kuwait

I totally agree with you. Sts enjoy coloring so let them color the ws and you can give a reward for the best colored one or just praise themWink

1 Jan 2010     

Malvine
Latvia

Sometimes my students (but they are all grown-ups) ask me to send them a ws via e-mail so that they can print them out themselves in colour.

2 Jan 2010