Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > QUESTIONNAIRE    

QUESTIONNAIRE

tahriali
Tunisia

QUESTIONNAIRE

Hello everybody!

This questionnaire is short and simple. It would be great if you could spare about 5 minutes of your time and fill it in. I really need it to finish my studies and you can learn something from it too!                         

Please answer all the questions. Many thanks and best regards,  send replies to [email protected]

Q1.AGE

20-30                 31-40                       41-50                       50-60 

Q2.GENDER

MALE                          FEMALE 

Q3. DEGREE

Bachelor (Maitrise)                   Master                     PHD           

Q4. DEGREE OBTAINANANCE

Before 1980                  1981 � 1990                1991 � 2000                    After 2000

Q5. CAREER

20 � 35 years                10 � 19 years               1- 9 years                       

Q6. How do you see the impact of the Communicative Approach on students learning output?

Skills

Very significant

significant

insignificant

Very Insignificant

Speaking

Listening

Reading

Writing

Q13. How often do you apply these classroom activities?

Activities

Frequently

Often

Rarely

Never

Role Play

Interviews

Information Gap

Games

Surveys

Pair Work

Learning by teaching

Q14. How do you evaluate your students� linguistic competence?

Linguistic Components

Perfect

Acceptable

Not Acceptable

Bad

Pronunciation

Comprehension

Accuracy in speech

Accuracy in writing

Fluency

Q15. How do you teach grammar?

Inductively                         Deductively               

Q16. Which grammar points do you see most difficult for your students in writing? (Tick √ only Three)

The Article                                            Word formation                  Sentence formation  

Principal / Subordinate clause             Tenses                                The Conditional

The Passive Voice                                The Reported Speech         The Question         

Conjunctions                                        The Comparison                 The Plural                          

Relative Clause                                    Gerund                               Irregular forms

Q17. Which tense do you think is the hardest to understand for your students?

Simple Present                         Present Continuous            Present Perfect        Simple Past

Present Perfect Progressive     Past Continuous                 Past Perfect            Future

Q18. What are the main reasons that may hamper students� mastery of tenses?

Interference of the L1 OR L2                 

Conceptual complexity of the grammatical phenomena

Inadequate accounts of tense/aspect in learning and teaching materials

Lack of authentic input due to artificially constructed sample texts

Low levels of learner motivation in grammar lessons.

Others: _________________________________________________________________

5 Jan 2010      

kons
Morocco

Hi,

I have some remarks if you don �t mind. You are addressing teachers from all over the world, which means different teaching contexts, approaches and techniques. To my knowledge you are investigating the impact of CC on Tunisian students � use of tenses.I have no idea about your objective behind administring this questionnnaire, which by the way should be mentioned on the first page of the Qt. in any case, nationality should be part of the Qt questions. it can be used as a variable that will help you in the analysis part and you should be aware of that. No question related to students was included, for instance, Ss number, level,age...these variable can affect the results � analysis in one way or another.

Hope they are useful
goodluck
PS: I �ll send my Qt after reading your reply.

5 Jan 2010