Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > PAST PERFECT    

PAST PERFECT

TURKISH CYPRIOT
Turkey

PAST PERFECT

Smile    HI FRIENDS,

NEXT WEEK, I AM GOING TO TEACH �THE PAST PERFECT TENSE � TO MY PRE-INTERMEDIATE LEVEL STUDENTS AND I AM LOOKING FOR SOME (INTERESTING) TEACHING IDEAS. COULD YOU SHARE IF YOU HAVE ANY, PLEASE?

THANKS A LOT........

7 Jan 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

There are so many wss here on past perfect - with rules, exapmles, game ideas... just go through them in the search engine. The most interesting way to deal with tenses is always time-travel - you can always describe a past event and then have your sts pretend they travelled through time ten/100 years before that and say what was different, using past perfect. They find it interesting and fun. OR inventing secret past identities for imaginary or real people, such as famous people (e. g. before becoming a famous movie star, he/she had worked in a pizza place...) or secret agents... You always have to give them a starting point in the past, so they can move backwards in time and get the feeling for past perfect.

7 Jan 2010     

dennismychina
China

Have you tried the search worksheets search engine at the top of this page?

7 Jan 2010     

vardaki
Cyprus

Hi, I pm you

7 Jan 2010     

RabbitWho
Czech Republic

All good advice from the others... and now I must indulge in a little shameless self promotion, have a look at my Past Perfect worksheet here if you like:

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=328715

This is a game for once you �ve already explained it to them and maybe done a few cloze exercises.
You may have to adapt it a little for the level, depending on what vocabulary they �ve learned before.

7 Jan 2010