Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > At least ELEVEN stolen worksheets    

At least ELEVEN stolen worksheets

missundaztood_74
Spain

my own opinion, specially about silvanija comment about  the worksheets taken from new english parade.

I think it is a good idea and also helpful, to use the pictures and drawings from the books we use, cause they may be helpful for the rest of teacher, i mean all of us use pictures, but i also think it is important to say where the pictures came from, and of course it is absolutely unacceptable that people scan the whole page from a book without making any change or creating their own exercises related to the picture chosen, or if they scan the page they should say something like, i scanned a whole page from a book because i think this is going to be helful for you bla bla bla, so there wont be problems at least with me, i mean sometimes we use things that are really helpful and we cant share them because we didnt create them, but this way people would decide.

I dont know what you think, this is my opinion.

13 Nov 2008     

Mishuna
Argentina

I agree with you missundaztood_74. I think that she should have created her own activities, based on those pictures (if she wants). I do have problems with people who upload whole scanned pages or a completely copied printable. I think that if someone adapt it and edit it, it�s totable acceptable for me.
However, there has been hot discussions about pictures and copyright...I sometimes think I should start drawing my own pictures so that everyone could be happier....

Please remember:

You cannot send printables taken from other websites or publications. They must be your own creations.

We only accept ESL resources written in English language.

If your contribution is a copy from other website or from a book your account in ESLprintables will be cancelled.

If you have a worksheet that you didn�t make yourself (borrowed from a colleage teacher, for example) DON�T SEND IT. It might be taken from this or another website, and you would be banned from eslprintables.com

Don�t send useless documents. Nobody will download them and you�ll get 0 points.

These are the rules but there�s people who seems to have forgotten them...even though they appear everytime we upload a printable...
And if you think it�s helpful when someone uploads a scanned page from a book...go to those pages where you can download whole books for free...this is not that place!!

13 Nov 2008     

silvanija
Lithuania

I do not think that it is good to take whole pages from books or workbooks. I do not think that it requires a lot of work to put such labels as "worksheet", "my name is" or "my class is". I do not have anything against using some pictures, but not the whole pages. In this way we can scan all workbooks that are written, in case if someone hasn�t seen them.

13 Nov 2008     

missundaztood_74
Spain

you are pretty right silvanija
i understand you perfectly, but if they just say that they have taken the worksheet from a book, which in these cases is obvious, people would decide if they want to download them or not.

I mean, everybody knew it was taken from a book,it is obvious, but they download it so they think it was useful.

13 Nov 2008     

elena1921
Poland

Hi, I was following your discussion about stolen worksheets. It is funny enough that the person who started picking at other people has done the same. I was browsing through all these wonderfull worksheets and I found Luisa�s worksheets, which are very colourfull and eye catchng. So I had a look at all of them and I found one which has a copied picture of a board game - snakes and ladders - from New Cutting Edge Upper-Intermediate resource book pages 123-125, I know this textbook pretty well, so I recognized it and looked at the following exercises - and believe it or not - they are identical with the exercises in the textbook - all the sentences with grammatical issues to correct are the same. Would you call this stealing or not?

13 Nov 2008     

danibauer
Brazil

I would say that Luisa is one of my favorites contributors here.
If you check out all the worksheets she had sent you�ll figure out that she works really hard.
I bet that this exercise with ladders wasn�t scanned as some of those stolen.
And what she mentioned in the beginning of the forum is that some of the users make their own drawings, what takes a long time to do. It isn�t fair to take all the pictures (there�s one with a family tree that is exactly the same that Vanda made) without the creator�s permission.
Best Regards,
Daniela

13 Nov 2008     

jtdr
Spain

If Luisa found a board that could be useful for her and for us I think it is fair to share it without any problems. The problem here is with people that do not even take their time to scan and rewrite, THEY steal your worksheet today and upload it tomorrow... ARE THEY KIDDING ON US?

13 Nov 2008     

< Previous   1    2