Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Before you download...    

Before you download...

Aimee/S.
Israel

You �re so right, dear veljaca! I like the see the comments before downloading! It�s ridiculous to scroll down and see so many thanks after one or more warnings!

it �s interesting for me to see who has downloaded the w/s before me, if it�s not stolen, and if the person who worked hard got enough comments compared to the number of downloads.
I �ll use this opportunity to share something with you: when I upload a w/s - I keep on refreshing the page (if I �m near a computer, lol!) to check the comments - I care more about them that points - and I know that many people here feel the same. We get so disappointed when we don �t get enough of them - and we want more!
I know that this topic has been discussed many times... but I felt the need to raise it again... I wish people left more comments on the daily contributions and on the previous ones, too. My most downloaded w/s gets at least 1 point a day - but no comments!

Have a great day!
Best wishes from Jerusalem,
Aimee

(I �m not advertizing my work LOL) - I haven �t uploaded anything today!)

9 Jan 2010     

joy2bill
Australia

I like Phillips � idea. Could we please have some sort of warning?

I would also like the comments to go from most recent to least recent to stop having to scroll down so far. As I tend to download most worksheets in the wee small hours of the night (or is that morning?) I � m not always 100% awake. (I �m a chronic insomniac)

Cheers Joy

9 Jan 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

I think this site is becoming extremely MORAL, SELF-RIGHTEOUS , INTOLERANT and CENTERED AROUND MORAL PRINCIPLES; COMMANDS , INTERDICTIONS AND TABOOS.

For God �s sake, we are constantly attacking people who copy from others, even small elements of layout. We are counting their thefts, warning them, telling on them, warning others about them, pm-ing each other about them and so on.

If we now attack people who download material without making sure it �s honest, self-made, politically correct and all the rest, this site is really going to SUCK.

We are spending so much zeal on keeping the page moral and politically correct and finding fault with people who don �t obey the principles.

OK, so things aren �t perfect here.
So people copy and steal millions of worksheets. It �s like in real life, people are mean, selfish unless they get caught.
We do everything to catch them and report them,which is  a good thing, but let �s go easy on attacking people who download stolen material because maybe they just haven �t noticed or just DON �T CARE.

Who are we to tell them they SHOULD care and they are immoral because they DON �T CARE?
Who are we to want to better the world and human nature in this way?
Who are we to want to create a kind of paradise, the kind of biblical, pre-sin paradise in ESL that can be found NOWHERE in the world?

9 Jan 2010     

DUSIA
Poland

The problem is that now I am just terrified ! Am I a thief? I used cliparts from the web side www.fotosearch.com  because while I was looking for it I used the expression "free clipart" now I do not know... Is ot OK to use this side? Did I do something wrong? Did I steal them??? If so it was not my intention. Who is the judge? Who will decide am I a criminal or not?????

10 Jan 2010     

< Previous   1    2