Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need your help!    

I need your help!

Withina
Spain

I need your help!

Good evening to everybody,

I was just wondering how to introduce myself to my new pupils as tomorrow I �ll be  teaching children from 6 to 12 for the first time and I �ve got some ideas, but I would like some of your advices (which always are great).

Thanks in advance for tyour replies!

Hugs!

Withina

10 Jan 2010      

Fulyaa
Turkey

Dear Withina,

I usually bring a bag full of things from my house. For example, you can put your favourite book, a plane ticket, remote control, parfume bottle-anything that is special to you and reflects your personality.

Then, I ask volunteers to choose an item from the bag and make a guess about me. The other students also share their ideas. After a while, ss start to tell about their hobbies, so the whole thing gets really interactive.

Good luck tomorrow.

Fulya

10 Jan 2010     

Withina
Spain

Dear Fulya,

Thanks a lot for your answer, I like your idea a lot!

10 Jan 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

I started this year by shaking hands  with each and every student. Saying something like "Hi, my name is Marion, what is you name?, Welcome" It is the first year I had classes with only 16-17 students so it felt really intimate. It was really nice, it created a kind of instant connection. And each kid felt that he or she got noticed upon the first meeting. They were surprised but loved it!

10 Jan 2010