Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > A GOOD LESSON PLAN    

A GOOD LESSON PLAN

cristinacarre
Spain

A GOOD LESSON PLAN

HELLO, CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME AND EXPLAIN CAN WE CAN DO A GOOD LESSON PLAN FOR BEGINNERS.
THANKS A LOT.

10 Jan 2010      

Maria Elisa Orsini
Brazil

What �s your question???

11 Jan 2010     

aielric
Mexico

Well, I make my lesson plans in this way:
First, you have to put the level and the number of students that you are goung to teach. Then, you have to make a square and in the first column you must write the step of the class, in the second column you must write the description of the activity that you are going to do. In the column number three you have to write the material that you will need and in the last one you have to write the time that you will use in each activity. Also you may write some observations about the class.
Good Luck!!

11 Jan 2010     

darryl_cameron
Hong Kong

I believe a good lesson plan needs the following items in order to be effective:

topic / vocabulary / language targets / materials / method

Now you can write as much or as little as you like. as well as add details like class / date etc.

But just imagine you are absent the day you are doing the lesson and someone else has to teach it. Is it clear enough for someone else to teach?

So here is a simple example of what I mean to put in the categories:

Topic: Current Events
Vocabulary: Sport, Local, International, Business, Policy, Article, Headline
Language Targets: (A sentence where you can use the vocabulary you teach) "I read a / an _______ article about ______", What is the _____ news today?"
Materials: Newspaper (at least one section per student), worksheet (Create a news story worksheet), large photographs of leaders / current stories.
Method: 1. Open a discussion about local news. 2. Show pictures and elicit responses 3. Describe the vocabulary 4. hand out newspapers and get students to read / discuss articles 5. elicit language targets 6. consolidate / review using worksheet.

Actually my "Create a news story" worksheet has a similar lesson plan included. Wink

11 Jan 2010