Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Dictation lesson plan    

Dictation lesson plan

sorji
Tunisia

Dictation lesson plan

Dear teachers,
Thank you for not disappointing me whenever I resort to you.Actually some of you have supplied me with useful information about dictation.Still, I �d be more thankful if you could provide me with a sample dictation lesson plan including the lesson objectives, procedure and anticipated problems.
I send you a vote of thanks
YOURS SORJI

11 Jan 2010      

Fulyaa
Turkey

Here are some links about dictation from my department �s Wiki. There are some ready-made listening texts. If you listen to a couple of them, I am sure you will have a better idea of the format and pace.

I also make use of vocabulary dictation after covering some of the topics in the class. It is a good way to revise the vocab. SS peer check their lists. Then, they write sentences using the vocabulary from the dictation.

It is important to help students feel comfortable about dictation as they tend to find it difficult. Let them know that they will listen to the text twice, etc. Knowledge of punctuation is important, too as some of my students end up writing comma, period :)

Good luck! 

11 Jan 2010