Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > New material, course, books to teach English    

New material, course, books to teach English

pfreites
Argentina

New material, course, books to teach English

Good afternoon dear teachers,

Would you recommend me any course, material or books to teach English to adults?

There are many people here in my town who want to speak basic English quickly ( in three or four months).
I have been searching on the net and I�ve found lots of courses, like "La Mansion Ingl�s", E-magister", "ABA English", etc. But, I really do not know any of them and I�d like to hear your opinions and suggestions before buying any product.

Thanks a lot in advance.
                                           a big hug, pfreites

12 Jan 2010      

Nereis
Argentina

There �s a book that i �ve seen, but i �ve never use calles�d Let �s Talk, i think it �s a Macmillan book, but I �m not sure! For travelling I had good results with Survival English by Macmillan,
I hope you find it useful,
Nereis

12 Jan 2010     

Nina Pizzo
Portugal

There �s a wonderful book I �ve used and recommend for adult courses: Total English, published by Pearson Longman.

12 Jan 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

The whole Cutting Edge series is great for adults (from Starter to Elementary, so you can really choose the level they need)!

12 Jan 2010     

RabbitWho
Czech Republic

I adore English File, loads of supplementary exercises, a song in every chapter... every possible opportunity to communicate you can imagine, a good few chances to speak in every lesson, new words recycled again and again in different contexts... the more I use it the more I love it. It �s the exact opposite of headway.

Published by oxford, and there are now levels from beginners to advanced (C1).

12 Jan 2010     

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

I love NEW ENGLISH FILE. Perfect course, enjoyable book, very nice extra materials. Few years ago i even compiled a small book with my ideas of using this course. But it �s in Russian. I can share if anyone speaks Russian here))))))

12 Jan 2010