Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Jobs    

Jobs

Alina26
Romania

Jobs

Hello, dear colleagues!
I �m going to talk about jobs with my 10th graders and I �m wondering whether there are any other types of jobs besides: full-time, part-time and temporary ones.
Pls help me with a classification of jobs if you can! Thanks in advance!
Hugs,
Sinziana

17 Jan 2010      

cheezels
New Zealand

What about adding in jobs that have �regular � hours and those that have �shift work or irregular hours �.
In the UK a lot of people who work in pubs work split shifts. They work for around 4 hours from 12pm-4pm and then have a few hours off, then they have to go back to work from 6-11 or 7-11/12pm. I had many flatmates in the UK who had jobs like this and I never saw them as they were always working!
I also lived with nurses who had morning shifts or evening shifts on a rota basis.

So you could look at the jobs that you have in your lesson and get the class to think about what type of working conditions go with each job in terms of when hours are worked.

Firemen, police, paramedics would all have shift work etc...

17 Jan 2010     

Alina26
Romania

Thank you so much, cheezels, your suggestion is really helpful!Thumbs Up

17 Jan 2010