Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > hiiiii    

hiiiii

izolda_62
Iran

hiiiii

HI teachers!
i have a question
can we say:"i shake hand for you" "instead of "i wave hand..."??
is it correct?
thanks

19 Jan 2010      

cheezels
New Zealand

I would not say either of them.
Alternatives:
Can/may I shake your hand?
Although I don �t know when you would ever say this.. usually if you want to shake hands with someone you stick it out in front of you and the other person shakes it or vice versa...
I wave my hands/ I wave my hand to say goodbye/ I wave my hand in the air....

What context are you trying to use these sentences in?

19 Jan 2010     

priorita
Ukraine

yes, cheezels is right. there is an expression "to shake hands with" - what people usually do when they get acquainted or when they (usually men, at least in my country) greet/salute each other.

19 Jan 2010     

thebestsongs
Brazil

Aren �t you trying to say  I  "C L A P"  my hands for you" If I understood? Do you want to congratulate someone or  someone did something marvelous you "clap your hands for him/her". For instance when someone sings beautifully a song you " clap your hands for him". I don �t if it is this you want to know, but by the context you wrote, it seems to me that you want to know this. Sorry if i interpretate wrongly.

19 Jan 2010     

izolda_62
Iran

i mean ,when we want  to say goodbye,we wave hand,isnt it?or when we see a friend in other side of street,we wave our hand!

19 Jan 2010     

Stellam
Argentina

Hi Izolda 62:
May I ask you a question? You posted the same query  a few days ago and got some very nice explanations.  http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=15742 
Why asking again?
Another question, if you don �t mind, of course. What has happened to your worksheets? They are nowhere to be found!!

Regards,

Stella

19 Jan 2010     

izolda_62
Iran

HI lady bird!
in that night,i  waited for your answers,but there was no answer!
Unhappy

19 Jan 2010     

izolda_62
Iran

now i read your answers!

they are very very helpful!
thanks Sara,ladybird.Cheezels and...
love youHeart

19 Jan 2010