Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > How to Speak English without effort??    

How to Speak English without effort??

Sunnykids
Vietnam

How to Speak English without effort??

I came across this site and found it interesting. Have any of you ever bought his CD or known about him and his new method of studying English?Could you please Leave a comment and tell me about your feeling.

21 Jan 2010      

darryl_cameron
Hong Kong

OMG, there are so many of these CD �s and books available on the web. Personally, I think they are all re-cycled rubbish.

Ask yourself: Yes, learning a language should be fun and �seem � effortless, but if this CD can really do what it promises, why isn �t it published in journals and printed inthe text books?
 ...Wink
Im sure it �s the same old stuff re-packeaged with a catchy title.

Here are a few quotes that came to mind when I saw your post ...

"Buyer beware"
"A fool and his money are soon parted"
"Life wasnt meant to be easy"
"No pain no gain"
"There �s no such thing a s a free lunch"LOL

... Im sure there are thousands more ...

21 Jan 2010     

Lana.
Ireland

Gosh, I �ve been speaking English for 20 years now and would too like to know how to "speak it without effort"...LOL

Please, don �t take us to heart, we �re just joking, but look - there will always be some effort in anything you do and in any language you speak, even your own.

What helped me to become good friends with English:

- listening to English songs a few hours a day when I was a teenager (a bit extreme)

- reading A LOT of very different kinds of books from Jane Austen to Paul Auster

- being in correspondence with 3 penpals for a couple of years, two were natives and one non-native but extremely proficient, so I learnt a lot from their letters and honed my writing

Dear Ian Huong,

you cannot speak English without effort, not personally you mind, but an objective you.
As I said there will always be some effort because English is changing every year, there will always be the effort with the new vocabulary and new trendy expressions.

Forget about those advertisers and just be patient. It will take some time to achieve fluency.

21 Jan 2010     

Sunnykids
Vietnam

Thanks for all your ideas. I �m only read through and wonder about it.

21 Jan 2010     

Sunnykids
Vietnam

And dear Lana, I �ll try to study English your way. I hope it should be fun and make me to be good friend of English. That �s sound great! Thanks again!

21 Jan 2010     

mehmetgurol
Turkey

Dear Collegues,
           I have been teaching English for 6 years.  As all you know, many people try to learn a foreign language (English), but none of them could be successful without their efforts. If you said that multimedia make it easy to learn English, I would agree. But learning without any effort is meaningless.

Even a chicken cannot lay eggs without any effort

Best wishes :D        

21 Jan 2010