Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > HELP, I need a warmer for my lesson!!    

HELP, I need a warmer for my lesson!!

refis24
United Kingdom

HELP, I need a warmer for my lesson!!

Hi All,

I was wondering if you could give me any ideas on a warmer (Entry 1)  that I could use for my lesson?

The lesson will be based on electronic goods, clothes, refunds, receipts and exchanges.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated!!

Thanks
Refis24

21 Jan 2010      

crazy_turtle
United Kingdom

"Quick Fire Ball Toss"

Throw a ball around the room, whoever catches the ball has to answer a simple question on the subject you choose. I always to that to warm my class up. boys love it.

22 Jan 2010     

douglas
United States

Have your cell phone ring as you begin class.  Answer it and hold a "discussion" with another person over the phone in English.  You could pretend it is a phone call about a product you bought and are having troubles with.  The party on the other end of the line could be the claims department. 

As you are talking, tell the students "excuse me, but this is VERY important."  They will eavesdrop on your conversation (it �s human nature).  Afterwards, hang-up and act very unhappy and tell the students about the problem.

This could open up a lot of interest and opportunities for conversation.

Douglas 

22 Jan 2010     

silvanija
Lithuania

Woow, Douglas, what an interesting idea! Thumbs Up

22 Jan 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

I love this one, Douglas... You �re quite the psychologist! He-he-he... sneaky idea, but great!

22 Jan 2010     

Kohaku
Japan

I like you Douglas! I like you very much Wink That �s a wonderful intro. I need your way of thinking!!! Clap

22 Jan 2010     

refis24
United Kingdom

Thanks all for your help!!!

22 Jan 2010