Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > account privacy    

account privacy

fede117
Italy

account privacy

I have got a question to ask. today I googled my name and the first three results that appeared are ws that I have posted here. I don �t want my stuff to be available on google but only on this website. How did this happen? and how can I avoid this to happen again?
has this happened to any of you? I am very concerned....
Can anyone help?
thanks

23 Jan 2010      

silvia.patti
Italy

I �ve just googled my name but my wss are only the 6th result. The first three are facebook �s accounts...but it �s not me!!! LOL

23 Jan 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Hi Fede,

I have never seen a link to adjust our privacy settings...so I guess there isn �t an option for you to manage this. Maybe if you write to Victor he could do something for you.
Anyway, no-one would be able to download your printables unless it a member of the site.

24 Jan 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

IF  you don �t want to show YOUR NAME and SURNAME - FEDERICA P....,
1. open your account at eslprintables - click on Edit my account (under your avatar picture)
http://www.eslprintables.com/userzone/index.asp
2. and DELETE your real name, or shorten your surname... For example, write to "REAL NAME"   "Federica Puc."

(Optional. Write your first and last name if you don�t want to be an anonymous creator)

The "REAL NAME" is OPTIONAL.... That means you don�t have to write your name....
Your ws is visible to all, but members only can download it. IF you change your real name, nobody can find out who "wrote" that ws... The NICKNAME - username would be the only information about you... So you can remain anonymous...

24 Jan 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

fede, even if you find your name and ws on goggle, no one can access the ws if it �s not a member of this site.

24 Jan 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

I wouldn �t worry about because the wss at the site may serve as a teacher �s resum�, if you look for a job, it �s a way to show what kind of work you produce. No one is able to download them if the person is not registered at ESL, and I confess that what made me register was the fact that every time I looked for an English topic on the Internet some ESL Printables wss were among the results. At the 10th time I was really curious and decided to know what site was it. I found the idea interesting and... here I am.

The wss among Google search results can bring many new members to ESL, with new ideas and approaches. So I suggest let the wss be viewed,  they are our "business cards".

24 Jan 2010     

victor
Spain

Hi,

Of, course, when you register, it is optional to give your real name or not. You can also change this afterwards, if you click on "Edit my account".
I recommend to introduce your real name if you want the worksheet to show a copyright notice with your real name. I think it is important if you want to give a stronger protection to your rights. But if you prefer to procect your privacy, then you can choose not to show your real name.

24 Jan 2010