Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > STORMED OUT!    

STORMED OUT!

apbp
Portugal

Hi stormed out!
This past weekend, I had similar thoughts. In all my classes, the majority of students are misbehaved. There is one class that I dread going to...students steal, cheat, hit each other, have been suspended and yet I am "forced" to encounter methods to make these kids pass.(These do not belong to a special program) I could easly fail them, but that doesn �t help and they really don �t care.  So I don �t give them major tests because that is too much to ask and it is a  waste of my time. I give them weekly quizzes with simple, simple things to do. They feel content because they are able to accomplish a task. I think we teachers need more ideas on how to deal with these cases. As my school pschologist stated " Teachers have to adapt to these problem cases and not the other way around!" It is a constant struggle!Better days will come our way!!! (I hope)Tongue

24 Jan 2010     

lshorton99
China

I definitely agree that we need better ways to deal with problem students but I still don �t think we can change their marks. While someone said that we need to teach them about behaviour, I firmly believe in leading by example. Most kids appreciate being respected - not all unfortunately!

I know last year I had the classes from hell and this year a colleague of mine has the same problem. It is very hard to know what to do in these cases - especially when one or two are ruining it for the majority. I think sometimes no matter what you don �t you can �t fix them, which I find to be incredibly sad. Many of us have tried all of the (extremely sensible) suggestions given to us with no success. This year I have very few problems with my classes but I think it �s the students not me as a teacher - they �re just basically nice kids.

If anyone ever comes up with a fool-proof method, I suspect they �d make a fortune.

24 Jan 2010     

lovinglondon
Spain

Samanthaesl I totally agree with you! Wink

24 Jan 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3