Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > start writing    

start writing

marwashehab
Egypt

start writing

Hi everybody,
I just wanted to ask you as professionals about the best age to start learning a second language as in my country some schools start Kindergarten at the age of 3 and 6 months and other schools start at 5 years old so please advise. Also in my school they teach French and English from kindergarten, Is this correct or it is difficult for young children to learn 2 languages besides their mother tongue at this age.

Thanks

24 Jan 2010      

manonski (f)
Canada

In Quebec, it is mandatory to start ESL in grade 1. There are preschools that also teach ESL through songs, arts and crafts.

24 Jan 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

there are many theories, but the most widely accepted is that the earlier the better since the brain is more receptive to the acquisition, as a mom i started teaching to my older son english and spanish since birth and now his is fully bilingual. to tell you more he hates watching tv or movies in his native tongue. he always does it in english. 

24 Jan 2010     

marwashehab
Egypt

Thanks a lot for your reply.

25 Jan 2010