Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > IDEAS NEEDED    

IDEAS NEEDED

rose95
Turkey

IDEAS NEEDED

I need some really good and different ideas to teach "have got" to the nine-year-olds? Games? Songs?

27 Jan 2010      

boydegg
Thailand

How about playing guess who?

(Has he got long hair? Has he got blue eyes? Has he got big ears?)

Or use animal cards or similar to play �go fish �

(have you got a horse? a cow? a rabbit?)

27 Jan 2010     

zeinep
Turkey

You can also teach with a story.
For ex: There is a boy who is late for school. Her mum says "Stop Stephen! Have you got your bag?". Then he opens the door again but his father says " Stop Stephen! Have you got your book?" You can add different sentences...

27 Jan 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

Hi,
games are great to teach "have got", do you know the card game "the seven families"?
there are seven families, each family is composed of 6 persons (the daughter, the son, the mother, the father, the grandmother, the grandfather).
the purpose of this game is to get all the cards to reunite the family. divide your class into 4 groups and give out 6 cards to each group. 1st, ask 1 pupil to ask for a card: "Team 2, have you got the daughter of the Smith family?" one pupils of team 2 has to answer "yes i have" ( team 2 gives the card to team 1) or "no i haven �t" (team 1 has to pick one of the cards that are left). then a pupil in team 2 asks team 3 "have you got...?"...
the team who wins is the one who united as many families as possible!
it �s also nice to practice �s "ex: "the Simpsons � son"...

27 Jan 2010