Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Physical descriptions game (aim: to remember all the vocabulary)    

Physical descriptions game (aim: to remember all the vocabulary)

rakelica
Spain

Physical descriptions game (aim: to remember all the vocabulary)

Hi my dear colleagues

I�m teaching my 9/10-year-old kids how to describe people so things like type of hair, colour of eyes, glasses, freckles, ugly, etc. also some adjectives like big-small; short-long; tall-short, etc.

They really like it and we�ve already done quite a lot of activities but they have some trouble remembering all the words, there �s far too much vocabulary!!!!

Do you know of any games to revise all this vocabulary? I know "who �s who" but that�s about it.

Thanks very much for your help. Have a nice day.

27 Jan 2010      

zoemorosini
United States

I use flashcards.  They �re easy to make (for example, put an illustration on one side and English on the other) and it �s easy for a student to focus his/her efforts on only those words that he/she needs to study as an individual.

Good luck!

27 Jan 2010     

amparoH
Spain

I teaching the same topic now and I play Word Bingo, Chinese Whispers, Pictionary or even Tic, Tac, Toe. You can also use photos of famous people and play guessing games.

I hope it helps you.

27 Jan 2010     

roadrunnerr
Turkey

In my opinion, "listen and draw activities" may be both interesting and productive during the lessons of physical description in English. I mean that you can read short paragraphs including description sentences for diffrent people in each, then after you have read each sentence , the learners try to draw what you say. Like a remembering activity. The paragraph might be like this:

" Here is Julia. She is a short girl with blonde hair and blue eyes. Her eyes are very big. Also her feet, too. She has got a nice face..." etc.

28 Jan 2010     

rakelica
Spain

Excellent ideas as usual, I particularly like roadrunnerr�s! thanks a lot!!!

28 Jan 2010     

roadrunnerr
Turkey

you �re welcome...

29 Jan 2010