Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What books are reading lately??    

What books are reading lately??

ants
Switzerland

I �m reading 3 cups of tea for one bookclub group and Flowers for Algernon in the other group!!

Another book I �m going to read is The English Passengers.
Happy reading everyone!!Hug
Fiona

28 Jan 2010     

anaisabel001
Spain

I �m reading "La sombra del viento"

The Shadow of the Wind (Spanish: La sombra del viento) is a 2001 novel by Spanish writer Carlos Ruiz Zaf�n, and a worldwide bestseller. The book was translated into English in 2004 by Lucia Graves .

I �m willing to start "Contra el viento"by�ngeles Caso (Gij�n, July 16, 1959) is a Spanish journalist, translator and writer.

28 Jan 2010     

niacouto
Portugal

I �m re-reading (for the tenth time maybe) As I Lay Dying, by William Faulkner (my favourite author and book).

28 Jan 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

I �m reading Paulo Coelho �s "Veronika decides to die" in English - my cousin is in Brazil right now and his brother - who is studying in Germany - thought I might like to read to book written by a brazilian author... so this book is in English, it comes from Germany, it was written by a Brazilian author and it takes place in Slovenia... and I am in France reading it!!! what a story!!!

otherwise, I always have a few books by my favourite author - Stephen King - on my bedside table, so that I can read my favourite passages whenever I have some free time...

28 Jan 2010     

sea camel
Belgium

Good topic Linda! It �s fun to see what others are reading and meanwhile I write down interesting titles Big smile! (I �m a huge Ken Follet fan and I �ve just finished World without end. Such a great book! I try to read English as much as possible!) At the moment I �m reading a Dutch book about the history of England called �Engeland Wonderland � (Who said that Dutch is difficult to understand when you speak English?Smile) written by Raoul Van Caenegem. I soon want to start  a book by Ian McEwan when this one is finished. One of my colleagues thinks he �s a great writer and I definitely want to read him too. In class, these days, we �re reading a variety of Easy Readers.
Kristien

28 Jan 2010     

savvinka
Russian Federation

I like the idea to tell each other about the books we are reading .
I �ve just finished reading  Maughаm �s short story "Rain" I was forced to re-read it because my student who had an individul  task to read the story told me that she hadn �t understood the end. I became interested myself.How great Maugham is! How great his stories are!
Moreover, I �m reading the stories of Irwin Shaw. I like his "God was here but he left early". Sometimes I think how the male author could write such a lady �s book. For example, his novel "Lucy Crown" is written as if he could feel like a woman. These books are very easy to read in English. The language is common enough. Also I �ve just finished "Tropic of Cancer" by Henry Miller. �The Times" called it one of the 100 best novels of the 20th century.
Fortunately, I have a break , my classes will start on Feb,the 7th,so I have plenty of time to enjoy reading!

28 Jan 2010     

< Previous   1    2