Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > School holiday in the world!    

School holiday in the world!

Pachy
Spain

School holiday in the world!

Hi, everybody!
Yesterday I was reading about seasons and as we are so lucky to be such an international community, I �ve felt a bit curious about a... sort of similar topic. I wonder how long school holiday last in your country.

In Spain, summer holiday for children is from about 23 June till 10-17 September (nearly three months for students! and nearly 2 months for teachers which is also very good indeed!!)
Christmas holiday usually starts on 22 Dec and finishes on 7-8 January
Easter holiday takes about 10 days in March or beginning of April.
We also have some bank holidays (religious festivities, carnival time and so on) but our main holiday are those three: summer, Christmas and Easter. What about school holiday time in your country?

I �d love to hear from you all!!!Smile

29 Jan 2010      

manonski (f)
Canada

In Quebec, summer holidays for kids start on June 23rd, and a week later they start for teachers. We usually go back around August 25th and the kids return about 5 days later.
We usually have 2 weeks at Christmas, one week in the beginning of March, longer weekends at Thanksgiving, Easter and one weekend in May.
A school year is 200 days for teachers and 180 days for students.

29 Jan 2010     

Neda
Argentina

In Argentina, summer holidays for kids started on december 7th, I think,  and  it will finish on March 1st.
We have winter holidays in July only two weeks.
A school year is 180 days for students. We ,teachers, have to stay at school for 20 days or more days.

29 Jan 2010     

provincespace
Russian Federation

In Russia the situation can depend on school. But, generally speaking, there is a week off at the beginning of November, then winter holidays for about 10 days at the beginning of January, spring holidays at the end of March (also a week) and summer holidays are the longest from June till August.

29 Jan 2010     

marwashehab
Egypt

In Egypt, Summer holiday starts around the beginning of June till the beginning of September. we have some other holidays for feast ( 3 days for Eid al-Fitr and 4 days for Eid al- Adha ) and also one day on Jan.7th and one day for Easter.

29 Jan 2010     

Denisa
Romania

In Romania the summer holiday starts on 13-15th of June and lasts till 15th of September for studets(us teachers have to be at school at least 2 weeks during this holiday and we start working on 1st of September). Then we have
- 2 weeks winter holiday beginning somewhere around 18-20th of December till the 4-5th of January),
- a 1 week vacation between the two semesters of the school year somewhere around the end of January -beginning of February(btw -today is our last day of school! - vacation is HERE!)
- a week Easter holiday - depending on when is celebrated Easter that year - April -May...

29 Jan 2010     

DUSIA
Poland

In Poland we have about two months of summer holdays (last week of June, July and August). School year starts on the 1st of September. We have two weeks of winter holidays (different time in different parts of Poland - I start them tomorrow!), about week off at Christmas and Easter. 

29 Jan 2010     

turquoise_ocean
Turkey

In Turkey summer holiday starts at second week of June and finishes at the beginning of September.We have two weeks mid-term holiday in February. Also we have some religious and national holidays at the different times of year.

29 Jan 2010