Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Common European framework of reference for languages - outline needed.    

Common European framework of reference for languages - outline needed.

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Common European framework of reference for languages - outline needed.

Hi, guys. I �ve been searching about the CEFR for languages and would like to ask if anyone knows of a website or something that could have a syllabus or course outline to help me organize a book according to the levels A1, A2, B1, ...

I know that the CEFR gives a description of what a person CAN do to be considered in that level, and I �m preparing an outline for a course, but would like to get other ideas for the content and grammar organization.

I thank in advance and appreciate it if anybody can help me with more information or links.

Best regards!
Bruna.

29 Jan 2010      

cheezels
New Zealand

Hi there! If you go to some of the main publishers websites for example Cambridge then often they have charts showing how their books fit into the scale.

For example I have been using the Face2face series and it links directly with the scale. In the contents pages it outlines the areas and topics covered too.
 See this link: http://www.cambridge.org/elt/face2face/cef/default.htm
 and this link too : http://www.cambridge.org/elt/face2face/esol/default.htm
Hug

29 Jan 2010     

anaisabel001
Spain

Good morning!!
Have a look at these links, they may be useful.

pelpasaporteprimaria.pdf (application/pdf Objeto)

pelpasaportesecundaria.pdf (application/pdf Objeto)

peladultospasaporte.pdf (application/pdf Objeto)

Have a nice day!!

29 Jan 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

This is the official website.

This Wiki entry is very clear and informative as well (I think it �s actually better).

Most publishers now also mention (on the back of each book or on their website) which CEFR level their books are for. I think that choosing a series of course books that cater to all CEFR levels first and then putting students in the appropriate level is much easier than preparing your outline first and then trying to find a course book that fits your needs. The outline or curriculum is basically your contents pages (these pages usually mention clearly which Grammar items, Vocabulary, Functions etc. are taught in the book).

29 Jan 2010     

Lancillotta:
Italy

Hi Bruna,

in Italy , most course books, show on the cover their level according to  CEFR.

It works like that :
- Middle school ( students from 11 to 14) ; level :  from A1 to A2
- Secondary high school  (students from 14 to 18)  ; level : from  A2 to B1 /B2.

If you need the syllabus I can scan the pages with the contents and send them by e mail .
Here you find the Syllabus for  the level A1 (booK: New Sky N�1, Longman/ Pearson)

It is for Students aged 11 ( prima media , in Italian)
Hugs
Sabrina

29 Jan 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

This is the site of the Council of Europe

You can find inf in several languages.
This is a subject which I would also like to know more about.

29 Jan 2010