Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > First Natives of the New World    

First Natives of the New World

tahriali
Tunisia

First Natives of the New World

One of my students asked me:
How and when did the first natives of America ( �Indians �, though I don �t like to use this term) arrive there?
Can any body give a justified answer?
                        With Regards.

4 Feb 2010      

conqueror_mko
Turkey

I think this is related to geography ... in the beginning all the continents were in the same place ... then they seperated ... you may start here ... and ... get help from the geography teacher at your school about it

4 Feb 2010     

Denisa
Romania

Have you tried looking up on the net?
Try this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_Americans_in_the_United_States#Pre-Columbian
Hope it helps a little.

4 Feb 2010     

aftab57
United Kingdom

You might find this useful.

4 Feb 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

To be short:
The small groups of people came to America from Asia when America and Asia were connected (in the north). The Indian genes are close to  Siberian and Korean. Some immigrants came by boats as well, so some Indian languages are influenced by Polynesian languages....

5 Feb 2010     

libertybelle
United States

They are also related to the Inuits. (eskimos) of Alaska, Canada, Greenland, Siberia.

5 Feb 2010     

mimau
France

Some Asian tribes (from Mongolia?) crossed the Bering Strait which was frozen in those days.

5 Feb 2010