Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN CANCELLED AND I DON īT KNOW WHY    

MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN CANCELLED AND I DON īT KNOW WHY

Samantha.esl
Italy

I know Juliet! I was kidding!
I haven īt read anywhere that members can īt come back! Dunno!...Wacko
In fact, I think they can... So they do! Just ask ESLchoco!..:-)

14 Feb 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Who`s  ESL choco?

14 Feb 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Have you seen this thread?
http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=16517&page=4

ESLchoco ... came back in disguise to insult a memeber!Evil Smile

Evil Smile

14 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hi Liz

According to Victor, banned members are not allowed to open a new account, and when they are banned their IP is also blocked. I don īt know if he wrote it on the forum, but he answered my pm. If you have any doubt, just send him a pm, or maybe if he is around he can repeat it here.

The new rules were first presented on the forum and everyone approved, so  Victor adopted the "3 strikes". Since ESL teachers are able to understand the language they teach and the rules are written in plain English, I don īt think they should be given a 4th chance.

But as I said, the account can be restored if Victor thinks it īs OK. Or, in other words, some can have more than 3 chances if they contact Victor and tell him their reasons.

14 Feb 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Oh! oh! oh! I see...

Well, so... now we are sure members can open a new account, no more assumptions... thanks Samantha

Liz: good reflection Thumbs Up

It is impossible to avoid that people copy and paste from other sites... this is the internet! everything is possible...

14 Feb 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Hi again Silke...

Mmmm... let īs not make a misunderstanding of this.

I called what you said "assumption" because you said this :  "Once people have been banned from this website, they are not allowed to come back I īm afraid"

If you had said "I am sure" instead of "I am afraid" well, I would consider that as a fact... anyway, not all of us are as lucky as you, not all of us receive pms from Victor... even though we ask him, I`ve asked him so many things but maybe he does not love me, never replies  =((... lol ... so if he said that to you or Zailda via pm that is nice but the rest of us do not know it... that is why I ask, I wanted my doubt solved... mmm.. sorry if my question bothered you and if tomorrow you have time and wish to help me solve my doubt I will appreciate if you sent me the link :D

Regarding the 3 strikes which don īt seem to be sufficient for you and some other users, I can only say: please, address your complaints to Victor

This does not make me happy or unhappy... and if I feel dissapointed or not well, that is my personal feeling as yours is to be very happy about it... does it really matter our feelings?

As I already said: I just wanted to be sure =)

14 Feb 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

zailda i have to say that i enter here everyday and i didnt see that, but as you can see apparently the ip banned is not stopping people since the member who wrote this thread is here again. as for the rules presented on the forum,  i dont know how did i missed them since i enter here everyday, anyway zailda, i am against plagarism and people getting advantage, but like i said not everyone here is a thief and some make mistakes, i teach eng and understand it very well  but you have to agree with me in that  not all the rules are clear or posted, some are even confusing in the way they were written and this is why there is always problems among moderators, if rules were as clear as you say, moderators shoulnt have to comment,  they would vote and get on with their work without having so many disputes.
       I think that i have contributed to  this site with my best wishes at heart, and i could have been banned just because i didnt pay attention. So i still think that people that are banned with three ws uploaded the same day deserve a second change but what the heck! I know i dont make the rules so i just obey them, I just feel sorry that the truly spirit of this site is getting lost.

14 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Julieta, you know that PM īs are not to be posted on the forum, so if you still have question, do the same I did: send Victor a PM.

We had more lenient rules and had tons of fake accounts a day, sendind their copies. We complained and Victor agreed with more strict rules. Now are you telling us that cheaters need more lenient rules and to be given a second chance to upload more copied work?

Liz, Victor answered a thread on the forum and he is still preparing a new set of rules at the uploading page with the new rules.

And I don īt know why you are so surprised: opening a second account has been forbidden at least since I registered here last year.

14 Feb 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

HUMMMM... i am not surprised in any way but where is that written? this is the kind of things i was telling you about rules, i havent seen that rule about second accounts. You see!  I just hope the new rules are better explained.

14 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

The rule about having a new account is not new, it īs at the registration page. Itīs the seventh rule you read when you register here.

http://www.eslprintables.com/register/register1.htm

14 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >